< Grants:APG | Eligibility | 2012-2013 round2
|Chapters are asked to <s>|
Eligibility status tableEdit
For a detailed summary, see the Eligibility Checklist.
|Eligibility status||Name of entity||Summary of eligibility gaps|
|YES||Wikimedia Australia||See FDC recommendation in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Česká republika|
|Wikimedia Hong Kong|
|Wikimedia Indonesia||Incomplete grant report, (Final eligibility pending acceptance of this report)|
|Wikimedia Philippines||Past due grant report, (Final eligibility pending acceptance of this report)|
|YES, IF||Wikimedia Eesti||Financial report 2010 & 2011|
|Wikimedia New York City||Past due and incomplete grant reports|
|Wikimedia Србије (Serbia)||Past due grant report|
|Wikimedia District of Columbia|
|Викимедиа РУ (Russia)|
|Wikimedia South Africa|
|Wikimedia Suomi (Finland)|
|Awarded FDC funding in the previous round||Wikimedia Argentina||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia CH||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Deutschland||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Israel||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Magyarország||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Nederland||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Österreich||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Sverige (Sweden)||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|WM UK||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
|Wikimedia Foundation||Awarded FDC funding in the previous round|
Notes on eligibility status tableEdit
- The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) process is for all Wikimedia recognized chapters/entities who wish to apply for support from the FDC to fund their annual plans, including full time staff positions.
- There is a difference between compliance with different criteria and overall eligibility status. Please see the Eligibility Checklist table for details about non-compliance that affects overall eligibility. We have provided an overview of the current eligibility status (as of 15 December 2012) in the FDC Eligibility Status table above, for those chapters/entities wishing to apply for Round 2 of the FDC process.
- Chapters/entities who may wish to apply for Round 2, but are uncertain of meeting the eligibility requirements currently, are welcome to apply to the Wikimedia Foundation Grants Program for project funding. Round 2 of the FDC process will accept proposals on 1 March 2013 and Round 1 of 2013-14 will accept proposals on 1 October 2013.
- Eligibility status has been determined in 3 categories: ‘YES’,’YES, IF’, ‘NO’
- ‘YES’: if all criteria in columns (D) to (M) are met.
- ‘NO’: if criteria in columns (D), (E) and (F) are not met. Additional information on levels of compliance with criteria in columns (G) to (M) is also provided.
- ‘YES, IF’: if an entity meets any criterion in columns (D), (E) or (F), but has not met all criteria in columns (G) to (M), this makes its eligibility status 'YES, IF'.
- If the eligibility gap is closed with the completion of all criteria by the final due date of 15 February 2013 (or an alternative date agreed on with Garfield Byrd), then the entity is eligible to submit proposals to the FDC.
- We suggest each chapter update the FDC Eligibility Status table by striking out each point in the 'eligibility gap' column for that chapter, once the entity/chapter has provided the necessary information on the entity/chapter’s page on Meta and linked to it from the Reports table on Meta: Reports.
- When the entity/chapter does this, please also email Garfield Byrd (WMF Chief of Finance and Administration).
- In all cases, chapters/entities interested in applying to the FDC are invited to contact Garfield Byrd for any assistance in meeting the eligibility gap and moving from the ‘YES, IF’ to ‘YES’ category.
- What we have considered as 'grants' : grants through the Wikimedia Foundation Grants Program to groups recognized as Wikimedia chapters/entities at the time the grant proposal was submitted. We consider a grant to be complete when the grant report has been submitted and accepted. A grant report may be considered accepted unless WMF staff have indicated significant concerns to the grant recipient regarding the report’s contents and / or the administration of the grant. Grant recipients may explain or correct concerns by 15 February 2013 to achieve eligibility.
- Grants completed by 30 November 2012 are counted toward eligibility in the 2012-2013 FDC process. Grant reports need to be completed and accepted by 15 February 2013 for the entity to be eligible if all other criteria are adequately met.
- What we have considered as 'annual reports' : narrative reports in English (per the Chapter Agreement) that offer an overview of an entity’s annual activities and impact. In some cases, chapters may have submitted monthly reports but have not created summary annual reports in English. In other cases, chapters may not have translated their annual reports or created a summary in English.
- What we have considered as 'financial reports' : financial reports in English (per the Chapter Agreement) that offer complete details of an entity’s revenue and expenditure over the course of its fiscal year. In particular, we have looked to ensure that entities/chapters recognized before or in 2010 have no gaps in their financial and narrative reporting for the last three years (i.e. from 2010 onwards) (Column I).
- As stated in the Chapter Agreement, chapters/entities need to supply the Foundation with their reports. We have considered a document to be “supplied” if it is linked to on the Meta reports page. Where applicable, the eligibility gap may be met by chapters/entities who link to existing annual and/or financial reports that currently may not be on Meta.
- Chapters/entities that feel they cannot meet translation requirements at this stage, but continue to be interested in applying for Round 2 of the FDC process, should contact Garfield Byrd to discuss how it might be possible to meet the eligibility gap before 15 February 2013.
- We have assumed in good faith that all entities are currently in compliance with applicable local and US laws (Column L).