Global Reach/Wikipedia Zero
- As of March 2016, the program is partnered with 75 mobile operators in 57 countries.
- Our goal is to work with every mobile operator on the planet -- email us at wikipediazero wikimedia.org.
- As data charges remain high in Global South countries, zero-rating models continue to be relevant in order to provide access and connectivity to knowledge and information. That said, we have decided to adopt a more focused approach to Wikipedia Zero to guarantee we would have resources and bandwidth to expand our partnerships scope. Starting this March 2016, we will actively pursue Zero partnerships on specific countries per region. Namely: Nigeria and Egypt for Middle East and Africa, India and Indonesia for Asia, and Mexico and Brazil for Latin America. In addition to that, we will continue to welcome and support incoming requests partnerships for Zero in non-priority countries in the Global South.
- 2012 Africa News Innovation Challenge
- 2013 Knight News Challenge
- 2013 SXSW Interactive Award for Activism
- 2014 Meffys
- 2015 Erasmus
Our presence onwikiEdit
- You can read more about our media presence and blog posts around our work.