The GDrive to Commons Uploader tool is a convenient tool that allows users to transfer media files from Google Drive to Wikimedia Commons.
This step-by-step documentation guides you through the process of using the tool.
Before using the GDrive to Commons Uploader tool, you need to authorize it to access your Google Drive and Wikimedia Commons accounts.
- You will be prompted to authorize the tool to access your Google Drive and Wikimedia Commons accounts.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to grant the necessary permissions and authorize the tool.
Once the tool is authorized, you can select the files you want to upload from Google Drive.
- Navigate to the Google Drive section or click on the "Select Files from Google Drive" button.
- A window or dialog will appear showing the contents of your Google Drive. Browse and navigate to the folder containing the files you want to upload.
- Select the files you want to upload by checking the corresponding checkboxes.
After selecting the files, you can review and edit their metadata, such as title, description, and licensing information.
- The GDrive to Commons Uploader tool will display a list of the selected files and their associated metadata.
- Review the metadata for each file and make any necessary edits or additions.
- Provide a suitable title and description for each file.
- Select the appropriate licensing options for the files.
- Add any additional relevant information or categorization.
Once you have reviewed and edited the file metadata, you are ready to upload the files to Wikimedia Commons.
- Make sure you are still in the GDrive to Commons Uploader tool and the files and metadata are as desired.
- Click the "Upload" or "Start Upload" button to initiate the file transfer process.