Funds Dissemination Committee/Chapter Finances Survey/Portugal
Please complete your Chapter Finances Survey by Friday, May 25th, so that it can be considered by the Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group and can be used to develop recommendations for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.
For multiple choice questions, please delete all choices except your Chapter's response. Where a question requires a text answer, please use bullets under the question.
- 1. Within the following ranges, what were your total expenses (in $US) in your previous financial year?
- b. 1,000-5,000
- 2. What do you expect your total expenses will be (in $US) in this financial year?
- c. 5,000-10,000
- 3. In your previous financial year, did you raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- b. <1,000
- 4. If you raised revenue from other sources in the previous financial year, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Project sponsors (WLM) as donation, membership fees (<100USD).
- 5. In this financial year, do you expect to raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- b. <1,000
- 6. If you plan to raise revenue for this financial year from sources other than the fundraiser or the Foundation, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
Membership fees (<100USD), maybe project sponsors. It seems our last year effort to do fundraising has stopped by now by the fundraising agreements.
- 7. When does your financial year end?
Chapter Re-granting ProgramsEdit
- 8. In your previous financial year, did your chapter provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in $US)?
- b. <$1000
- 9. If you provided grants in the previous financial year, can you provide additional detail on your grants program? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities did you fund?)
We contributed with part of the WLM project donation to the production of franchising materials produced by WM Poland.
- 10. In this financial year, will you provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in US$)?
- a. We will not provide grants to other entities
- 11. If you plan to provide grants in this financial year, can you provide additional detail on this year’s grants? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities will you fund?)
Funds Dissemination Needs and TimingEdit
- 12. Do you anticipate requesting funding through either the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) or the WMF grants process for your next financial year (e.g., 2013)? If so, how much (in $US)?
- d. 5,000-10,000
- 13. What would be your ideal timeline for requesting and receiving funds from the FDC or WMF grants process? (e.g., "request in November/December, receive in January”)
If you mean "period of evalutation", I'd maximum a month. If you mean "best year period to request a grant", I think that it should somehow be aligned with each chapter fiscal year, but then how could one request grants for unexpected projects? For our chapter grant, request in November/December and receive in January would be a good timeline.
- 14. By what date would you need to receive funds through the FDC or WMF grants process? (i.e., At what date will your ability to carry out planned activities be damaged if you haven’t received funding?)
We currently have no finantial obligations, so we don't need to have financial capacity on specific deadlines. It really depends on developed projects and their timelines.
- 15. Do you have any questions about the funds dissemination process that you need to have resolved in order to plan your chapter’s next financial year? By what date do you need an answer?
As long as the instructions are detailed and the deadlines apply, no questions.
Additional Comments or QuestionsEdit
Please use this section for any comments or questions you have about the funds dissemination process.
We are seeking your input as we develop a set of recommendations for the FDC. We encourage your contribution on the talk pages of the Draft FDC Proposal to the Board.