Funds Dissemination Committee/Chapter Finances Survey/Philippines
Please complete your Chapter Finances Survey by Friday, May 25th, so that it can be considered by the Funds Dissemination Committee Advisory Group and can be used to develop recommendations for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Divya Narayanan from the Bridgespan Group or to Asaf Bartov at the Foundation.
For multiple choice questions, please delete all choices except your Chapter's response. Where a question requires a text answer, please use bullets under the question.
- 1. Within the following ranges, what were your total expenses (in $US) in your previous financial year?
- c. 5,000-10,000
- 2. What do you expect your total expenses will be (in $US) in this financial year?
- d. 10,000-50,000
- 3. In your previous financial year, did you raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- b. <1,000
- 4. If you raised revenue from other sources in the previous financial year, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Member donations and dues
- 5. In this financial year, do you expect to raise revenue from sources other than from the annual fundraiser or grants from the Foundation? If so, how much (in $US)?
- b. <1,000
- 6. If you plan to raise revenue for this financial year from sources other than the fundraiser or the Foundation, please explain who or what types of groups (e.g., government, members, individual donors, etc.) were major providers of funds. If no, please leave this blank.
- Member donations and dues
- 7. When does your financial year end?
- December 31
Chapter Re-granting ProgramsEdit
- 8. In your previous financial year, did your chapter provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in $US)?
- a. We did not provide grants
- 9. If you provided grants in the previous financial year, can you provide additional detail on your grants program? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities did you fund?)
- 10. In this financial year, will you provide grants to other individuals or entities? If so, how much (in US$)?
- b. <$1000
- 11. If you plan to provide grants in this financial year, can you provide additional detail on this year’s grants? (e.g., who are the grantees, what kind of projects or activities will you fund?)
- These will be grants to our members who are mostly based outside of Manila (where the chapter is centered) to conduct projects to benefit their specific Wikimedia project and local communities.
Funds Dissemination Needs and TimingEdit
- 12. Do you anticipate requesting funding through either the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) or the WMF grants process for your next financial year (e.g., 2013)? If so, how much (in $US)?
- e. 10,000-50,000
- 13. What would be your ideal timeline for requesting and receiving funds from the FDC or WMF grants process? (e.g., "request in November/December, receive in January”)
- Request in June/July, receive in August/September
- 14. By what date would you need to receive funds through the FDC or WMF grants process? (i.e., At what date will your ability to carry out planned activities be damaged if you haven’t received funding?)
- Not later than the end of 3rd Quarter of every year
- 15. Do you have any questions about the funds dissemination process that you need to have resolved in order to plan your chapter’s next financial year? By what date do you need an answer?
Additional Comments or QuestionsEdit
Please use this section for any comments or questions you have about the funds dissemination process.
We are seeking your input as we develop a set of recommendations for the FDC. We encourage your contribution on the talk pages of the Draft FDC Proposal to the Board.