Jimmy Appeal Length Test October 7, 2011Edit
During the 2010 fundraiser, we tested quite a few versions of Jimmy's appeal. Jimmy wrote our most successful message and we made slight tweaks throughout the campaign to improve donation rates.
In our latest test, we came back to a few versions of Jimmy’s appeal to test the length of his message.
- The control length from 2010
- A short version of this same message
- A very short version of this message basically just hitting on the need for user donations
- The short version had the highest donation rate of the three appeals (about 20% increase in number of donations, and 15% for amount raised).
- The control performed second best.
- The very short version performed the worst of the three.
We will definitely return to test and refine this message as we go through the fundraiser. There may not be a "magic length" that works for all appeals. The impact of appeal length on donations will likely vary somewhat between different people and stories. Jimmy is also working on a new 2011 fundraising message which we’ll test a few versions of prior to launching the campaign.
|Super Short Jimmy||462216||6622||67||1194.76||1100.72||0.0101||0.180423||0.166222||17.832239||16.428657||0.0143|
|No Control Jimmy||461030||6605||91||1559.01||1265.85||0.0138||0.236035||0.191650||17.131978||13.910440||0.0143|