Community Submitted Banner Testing October 27, 2011Edit
During the 2010 fundraiser, community members submitted hundreds of banner ideas. We tested a lot of them but there were still quite a few that we didn't get a chance to test. We came back to a few of these ideas and ran a test with these banners:
- The only non-profit website in the top 10. Help keep us different.
- If someone donated $30 million we wouldn't need to have an fundraiser, but the reality is that you all are needed.
- Help us improve math formula rendering. (text only)
- Help us improve math formula rendering. (with Jimmy photo)
- Please read: A personal appeal from Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales (text only)
- Please read: A personal appeal from Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales (with Jimmy photo)
- The Jimmy banners still came out far ahead of the others.
- Including a photo in one of the non-Jimmy appeal banners did help significantly, but Jimmy's personal appeal text could not be beat.
- Jimmy's banner with a photo had a much higher click and donation rate than the text-only Jimmy banner.