Are you organizing a hackathon? We improved the documentation: You can find it on https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Hackathons and its sub-pages, including an improved timeline and handbook for organizers.
This is a checklist for wikimedia presentation on events.
- At least one computer for presentations
- Knoppix CDs / Wikipedia Live CDs / Mediawiki installation with a Wikipedia database dump (in case you have no internet)
- enough Ethernet cables / Wireless cards
- power strips (there are always too few at conferences)
- Posters and tape
- business cards
- a cash box if you intend to sell something or to collect donations (if you know this beforehand, print out information sheets with the prices)
- a contact box for business cards and contact information (ask the stand crew to note on the cards who talked to the person and about what, you won't remember later)
- pens and paper (thick markers etc.)
- camera (the people who can't attend will want to see photos ;-)
- something to eat and drink for the crew