Encuentro GLAM-WIKI Santiago 2012/en
|English · English · español|
- GLAM-WIKI Meeting Santiago 2012 is an opportunity to gather cultural and academic institutions with community members of the Wikimedia Foundation projects and promoters of the free knowledge in general. This is the first meeting of this kind on Latin America, following the example of other events hosted in
- GLAM refers to "galleries, libraries, archives and museums", although other institutions like social, cultural, sport and educational organizations can participate in the same way.
- This meeting is organized by Wikimedia Chile, the local chapter of the Fountation in Chile, and will happen on Thursday, March 15th, 2012 at the Duoc UC Auditorium between 9 am and 1 pm. The event will be totally free.
- If you want to participate in the event, it is recommended to suscribe here.
- The Wikimedia movement and cultural institutions share the same goal: maximum dissemination of culture. Several cultural partnerships have been initiated worldwide between Wikimedia communities and the GLAM sector (galleries, libraries, archives and museums). Cultural institutions can contribute to its richness and diversity of resources and are well compensated with greater visibility, increased visits and dissemination; on the other side, the communities can benefit of access to new contents and get more outreach. We have now much to learn from each other finding the common ground: let's do it live!
- GLAM-WIKI meetings want to gather the maximum number of players around the new collaborative cultural practices online, favoring free access to knowledge.
- 8:30 - Registration
- 9:00 - Welcome
- 9:15 - GLAM and Wiki. Different approaches over the world by Osmar Valdebenito.
- 10:00 - The experience of the Library of the National Congress by Roxana Donoso.
- 10:45 - Coffee break
- 11:15 - GLAM partnerships in the United States by Sarah Stierch and Ryan Kaldari.
- 12:00 - Round table Challenges and benefits of GLAM-WIKI partnerships in Chile, with Melanie Dulong de Rosnay, Beatriz Busaniche, Claudio Ruiz and Roxana Donoso.
- 13:00 - Closing