Deoband Community Wikimedia/Leadership Development and Skills Infrastructure Plan
Wise leaders seek out as many questions as they do answers.— Linda A. McLyman, Wise Leadership, p. 174
Deoband Community Wikimedia's Leadership Development and Skills Infrastructure Plan is a research project that aims to produce a leadership and skills infrastructure for the DCW's longer-run and institutional partnerships and sustainability. The study aims to further the recommendations of Leadership development and Skill development infrastructure from Movement Strategy Initiatives through a prism of institutional building and collaboration whilst at the same time prepare certain courses for the DCW. The project is supported by a Movement Strategy Implementation Grant of 4,651.50 USD.
Background and ideas edit
- March 2023 strategic learnings from DCW researchers - The Need for Institutional Partnerships
- April 2023 insights from the DCW Researchers - Leadership programs are more than just helpful.
Project outlines edit
- Ascertain the need for a skills and leadership development infrastructure.
- Locate, scrutinize and analyze already available leadership and skills infrastructure - produced by different Wikimedia entities. (Prelimenary research)
- Expand upon various aspects of leadership development and skills infrastructure with respect to the vision of knowledge-sharing.
- Formulate few courses in line with the choice-based-credit-system of some Indian universities. This is subject to DCW's strategic recommendations viz. March 2023 strategic learnings.
- Help design a short leadership course to be offered through WikiLearn.
- Define a roadmap guideline about how to navigate the concept of knowledge-sharing in non-mission aligned institutions.
- Workshops at Sister Nivedita University and Celica Group, in Kolkata, on 27 November 2023. These were attended by more than 50 people including students, teachers, activists, and government officials.
- Education Survey for DCW's Leadership Development and Skills Infrastructure Plan (Targeted at Indian students and teachers)
- Leadership Development and Skills Infrastructure Survey for Wikimedians
- DCW Conversation Hour September 2023, We invited Nichole Saad in this conversation hour and tried to explore transformational leadership in global education.
- Presentation Slides for a talk at Pre-Conference, Wikimania Singapore, 15 August 2023