DARM Challenge 3
Welcome to the third DARM Challenge
- GLAM Macedonia has a good collaboration with the DARM (National Archive of the Republic of Macedonia). Between other activities, in the collaboration with the State Archive we have 2,500 files provided by DARM uploaded till now, and the number continue to grow. The aim of this challenge is to use these files in articles in any language.
- The writing challenge will run one month: from 00:01 (CET UTC+01:00) November 15, 2017 until 23:59 (CET UTC+01:00) December 15, 2017.
- If you already have done some of the actions listed below, from 25th January 2017 (the end of the second DARM Challenge 2), feel free to add your points.
Provided by GLAM Macedonia
- Five Set of books, 20 Euros each, with total amount of 100 Euros for first five contributors with most points.
To participate, you have to join this challenge. Add your username below with a link to your home language participant user page; when you create or improve articles in any language come back here and add under your username in appropriate part only, a link to a new page you've created, with the score you claim. All other of yours participation, no need to be listed here. Here we only need your total score and new articles listed. To register... follow the format of the Example below. Also take a look at the scoring system below.
The focus is on using files from those categories: 2017 and 2016 All files have bilingual description: English and Macedonian.
Points are a self-reporting and trust-based system. It is participants' responsibility to record their actions. You get points by improving (writing, expanding, translating, usage of files) Wikipedia articles. Each participant's goal is to gain as many points as possible.
- In Wikipedia
- 10 points: Creating a new article that did not exist in Wikipedia before (at least 3,000 bytes)
- 5 points: Improving an existing stub article with text or usage of files (at least 3,000 bytes)
- 5 point: Creating a new "stub" with text or usage of files (less than 3,000 bytes)
- In Wikidata
- 1 point: Adding any referenced statement to the Wikidata item
- 1 point: Adding either a language label or description to the Wikidata item (2 points if you add both)
Any Wikipedian with an user account on any wiki can participate. To participate, sign up on the Participants section.
- Note: If you already have done some of the actions listed above, from 25th January 2017 (the end of the second DARM Challenge), feel free to add your points.
- See Article list
Click on the link to sign up. Scroll to the end, and copy and paste this code:
First | is place for your user name, ex:
Second | is place for your home language page and flag of your country (flag is optional)
Third | is place for number of points
Fourth | is place for list of new articles,
Fifth | is place for your comment if you have any
ex.: mk wiki
When you create article in any language come back here and add under your username in appropriate part only, a link to a new page you've created, with the score you claim. In order to not have a jam, here we only need your total score and new articles listed.
- See Article list
Sign up here completing your details in the table.
- 23:59 (CET UTC+01:00) December 15, 2017 was the end of DARM Challenge 3.
The winners are:
- İazak - 705 points
- DobryBrat - 657 points
- MB - 530 points
- Raso mk - 360 points
- SirGoldenBlade - 215 points
The five winners will get prizes: set of books, 20 euros each, with total amount of 100 Euros.
- Results are published in GLAM Newsletter, December 2017
- ↑ No cash prizes. Winners must be willing to provide their name, email and postal address to GLAM Macedonia in order to send the prize.