Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Multimedia and Commons/Collection of Commons user images that are used in Wikipedia on an article main page
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Collection of Commons user images that are used in Wikipedia on an article main page
- Problem: On Wikipedia, many pictures by very arranged "photographers" have been included in main articles of Wikipedia for many years without the "overall effect" of the "commons" photographer on Wikipedia in any way in the "overall volume" quickly becoming apparent to one "foreign" users of this site can be seen. I think not only out of my own interest as a "street photographer" but also for many other "commons photographers" who share our photographic "work" sometimes and increasingly often through "nonsensical USERS" in the world of deletion requests" makes it a little difficult and "restricts" our "life energy" has illustrated.
- Proposed solution: Creation of a tool that shows how many images of the commons photographer are used in Wikipedia main articles. This should also be communicated and displayed to the "deletion initiator" with every image deletion request.
- Who would benefit: Administrators and image deletion applicants can quickly see how active the photographer is on Wiki Commons and Wikipedia. This should also be included more quickly and without "research" by an administrator when making a "deletion decision". In my case, it was precisely this argument that prevented a "USER" from applying for the deletion of my "entire user page" on Wikipedia!
- Relieving the administrators by often - deletion and "questionable image deletion requests".
- @Lupus in Saxonia: I've machine-translated your proposal and added the original German as a translation. — SWilson (WMF) (talk) 02:18, 25 January 2022 (UTC)
- If I understand well "Creation of a tool that shows how many images of the commons photographer are used in Wikipedia main articles", GLAMorous could be used here... — Draceane talkcontrib. 21:55, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- I read the words, but … As a native German with a sufficient performance in understanding English I cannot make any sense of the request, not even parts thereof. It all sounds very metaphysical‽ Where's the German original? Well, I suppose this is a great example illustrating the failure of a deep-learned translation tool in a very specific context! xD --Chrkl (talk) 08:44, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- You can visit Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Multimedia and Commons/Collection of Commons user images that are used in Wikipedia on an article main page/Proposal/de for original verb. Thingofme (talk) 09:59, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Lupus in Saxonia: have you seen the link that Havang(nl) has provided in his opposition vote below? Does that not give you the evidence you need to show how active you (or any other image contributor) have been, and how widely used the image contributions are? --Bobulous (talk) 21:01, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Does anyone know how to list unused files uploaded by a certain user? Please ping me, if you know the answer. 4nn1l2 (talk) 17:03, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Piensaimnieks (talk) 15:11, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Mbrickn (talk) 16:14, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose @Lupus in Saxonia: Here is your list  Glamorous is this tool. --Havang(nl) (talk) 16:56, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support I think we need the tools Thingofme (talk) 10:00, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support I think we need the tools --Lupus in Saxonia (talk) 15:07, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose KingAntenor (talk) 06:53, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Ayumu Ozaki (talk) 08:08, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 16:56, 6 February 2022 (UTC)