Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Translation/Allow to publish problematic drafts via ContentTranslation
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Allow to publish problematic drafts via ContentTranslation
- Problem: If translation contains 100% of unmodified text, ContentTranslation don't allow users to publish. However, some users may want to publish draft first and then correct it.
- Who would benefit: Content translators
- Proposed solution: If users want to publish draft, then the issues are regarded as resolved.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Pseudo Classes (talk) 04:48, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Pginer: this may interest you. However, I personally don't think it will be a good idea. Each wiki has a different relationship with ContentTranslation, with some communities having a high success ratio with the published articles whilst others are having a worse experience. The limit of unmodified text is one of the key parameters used to tailor ContentTranslation to the needs of each project.--FAR (talk) 09:59, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 21:19, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support YFdyh000 (talk) 22:59, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Kambai Akau (talk) 02:58, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 03:21, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose this will give room for people in a translation quizzes/competitions and non speakers to publish unproofread/uncopyedited pages just to get more article counts. Em-mustapha User | talk 15:33, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support AstroFizMat (talk) 20:27, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose "Some people will want to" do all kinds of dumb things. We do not need to have the devs waste time helping them do dumb things. If you insist on making a local copy before doing any work at all on it, just make a one-character change. — SMcCandlish ☺ ☏ ¢ >ʌⱷ҅ᴥⱷʌ< 08:27, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose seems pointless Keepcalmandchill (talk) 23:59, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose. ContentTranslator doesn't seems necessary if you just want the raw original text. — Épico (talk)/(contribs) 00:07, 17 December 2020 (UTC)