Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Reading/Add a Back to Top function in Wikivoyage desktop version
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Add a Back to Top function in Wikivoyage desktop version
- Problem: The content of any page of Wikivoyage is constantly increasing. Although we have the Pagebanner directory function, when the page moves down, Pagebanner will not follow it. So I think we can add the Back to Top function to the lower right corner of the page, which is convenient After clicking, return to the top Pagebanner block.
- Who would benefit: Reader and editor
- Proposed solution:Add a function for Back to Top or Pagebanner can move down with the page in Wikivoyage desktop version
- More comments: This feature will help readers find the Pagebanner directory they want to query faster.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: ✈IGOR／ 〒 Tell Me What?! ． Wikivoyager 16:27, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- I wouldn't mind seeing the menu bar remain in place when scrolling down the page. Don't know if we need the whole banner. However, I don't see the point to a "back to top" link; Ctrl+Home works just fine. LtPowers (talk) 21:09, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- I like the idea of the menu bar and tabs staying in place when scrolling down a page. Acabashi (talk) 18:45, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Not all Wikivoyage versions use pagebanners. But a sticky TOC at the top could be useful, but could be implemented with some CSS/JS locally on the wiki. DerFussi 19:51, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support However, I believe it is possible to replicate something like that by using templates. MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 20:24, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose The Home button on keyboards already does this. No button is necessary on the screen. Martinkunev (talk) 23:44, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Comment @Martinkunev: Phones don't have a home button. MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 10:43, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Omda4wady (talk) 07:35, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support sticky banner menu --Andyrom75 (talk) 19:40, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Jstalins (talk) 04:28, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support S8321414 (talk) 14:36, 21 December 2020 (UTC)