Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Display reference in edit summary when a reference is added
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Display reference in edit summary when a reference is added
- Problem: Repost since this is still a problem: The edit summary for this diff does display that a reference was added, but not which reference it is. References can be unreliable, spam links etc. so having them be easy to monitor is desirable.
- Who would benefit: People who patrol Wikidata items for problematic edits, since the content of the diff is immediately displayed.
- Proposed solution: Add the content of the reference to the edit summary; in this case it would be "Added reference (imported from:English Wikipedia) to claim: mountain range (P4552): Andes (Q5456)"
- More comments: I hope that this isn't too late. This feature would be useful as well if it displayed in crosswiki watchlists. There may be length issues when the reference is long.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Jo-Jo Eumerus (talk, contributions) 09:10, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 11:44, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:25, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support NMaia (talk) 10:58, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:13, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support As proposer Jo-Jo Eumerus (talk, contributions) 10:11, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral A single reference on Wikidata may contain more than one property-value pair and all of them can be added at once. Enumerating all of them (if not all, which one? the first/last one?) in the edit summary may be undesired. Matěj Suchánek (talk) 10:33, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Olea (talk) 21:32, 29 November 2018 (UTC)