Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Archive/Allow the style of map tiles to be specified when using maplink or mapframe
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Allow the style of map tiles to be specified when using maplink or mapframe
Withdrawn by proposer (too many proposals)
- Problem: The WMF produces two different styles of map tiles - one featuring labels and one without (although this does include some labels at the highest zoom levels). Maplinks and mapframes use the style with labels. It should be possible to specify the style of the map tiles when creating a maplink or mapframe map - just as you can now specify the language used for the labels.
- Who would benefit: Editors looking for a clean basemap to place data (e.g. ExternalData from OSM) on top of. Readers would experience a cleaner, nicer map.
- Proposed solution: Allow the style of the map tiles to be specified.
- More comments: Wikivoyage already allows different styles of map tiles (and overlays!) to be swapped on the fly.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Gareth (talk) 08:36, 10 November 2018 (UTC)