Communications/WikiConference India 2016/da
|This page from the Wikimedia Foundation is kept for historical interest. Any plans, policies, projects, or strategies mentioned may be obsolete.|
Vil du hjælpe til med at oversætte? Oversæt det som mangler.
This page outlines the Wikimedia Foundation Communications Department's activities at WikiConference India 2016.
The Communications Department will be attending WikiConference 2016 to provide capacity building, share recent user research findings, increase project awareness, and network with community members.
Global Audience Communications Manager
The department will be facilitating these workshops and discussions:
The department is also participating in these activities:
With its participation in the conference, the department hopes to achieve these objectives:
- Help community projects expand their communications capacity
- Network with members of the community
- Share recent research findings of the New Readers project
- Explore how New Readers project findings can be used by Indic communities
- Engage community members in Wikimedia Foundation's digital media efforts
- Showcase how the department is working with other Wikimedia Foundation teams and affiliates to amplify the impact of new projects
- Discuss and identify advocacy needs of affiliates - in particular what tools affiliates would find helpful
- Discuss strategies and opportunities for raising Wikimedia project awareness in India
- Offer formal guidance on photography and digital storytelling tools
- Discuss initiatives the department is considering
Presentation and workshop materials
Workshop attendees, feedback, and results
- More than 15 conference participants attended the "What we know about New Readers in India" presentation
- More than 54 conference participants attended the "Taking better photographs" workshop