Latest news from the Wikimedia Collaboration team, about Map improvements 2018, Notifications, Structured discussions and Edit Review Improvements. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you.
Was ist neu?
- Collaboration and Language are now going their way separately. Updates about Content Translation are not included in this newsletter anymore. Please refer to the Language report.
- Collaboration has a new project: Map improvements 2018.
- The team’s engagement with maps is based on 2017 Community Wishlist proposal Kartographer Improvements, though the work won’t be restricted to items named there.
- The project is currently in its very early research and planning stages.
- It has a limited term that’s scheduled to conclude at the end of June 2018.
Edit Review Improvements [More information • Help pages]
- The explanation of the abbreviations on the recent changes page could overlap with the list of changes. This has been fixed. 
- On Related changes it was not possible to use Saved filters for several articles. It has been fixed. 
- Transclude special:relatedchanges on a subpage removed #contentSub. This is now fixed. 
Notifications [More information • Help pages]
- The wording when you send a thanks message has changed. Instead of
No it says
Cancel. It is also now easier to understand that all thanks are public. 
- A notification is now sent to account owner on multiple unsuccessful login attempts. 
- Between week 7 and 20 February, when you thanked someone for an edit, the thank went to the latest unthanked edit to that page. It didn't matter which edit you tried to give thanks for. This has been fixed. 
- Long page titles on Special:Notifications were not truncated. This is now fixed. 
Structured discussions [More information • Help pages]
- You can now press CTRL + ENTER to post a new message. 
- It wasn't possible to create a description of a Structured discussions board. This has been fixed. 
- On wikis using the Beta feature, it is not possible to enable or disable Structured discussion from the Beta page. However, admins can create and move the pages.
Collaboration team's newsletter prepared by the Collaboration team and posted by bot • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.