Chief Technical Officer
The Wikimedia Foundation's Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for technology and operations behind the Wikimedia projects, in cooperation with the global communities of volunteer contributors, users, and researchers. The Chief Technology Officer oversees the Technology department and technical roadmap, and is responsible for the evolution, development, and delivery of our core platforms and architecture.
Grant Ingersoll had held the position from September 23, 2019 to July 23, 2021. The position was previously held by Brion Vibber (2005-2010), Danese Cooper (2010-2011), and Victoria Coleman (November 2016 to February 2018), and Erika Bjune was Interim CTO from February 2018 to September 23, 2019.
- ↑ a b Wikimedia Foundation welcomes Victoria Coleman as Chief Technology Officer
- ↑ https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-September/093505.html
- ↑ $cto = clone $brion; – Wikimedia Blog
- ↑ Press releases/Danese Cooper joins Wikimedia as CTO
- ↑ CTO Leaving Wikimedia Foundation end of July 2011