Chapters meeting 2009/Preparation/Wikimedia Polska
- When was the chapter created?
- 14 August 2005 in Kraków (organising meeting), 15 November 2005: formal registration.
- What are the main changes that affected the chapter since then? (if any)
- Change of the Board in 2007. Unexpected growth of income in 2008. Growing involvement of new members-volunteers.
- Income: around 177 000 PLN (around 44 000 EUR) (2008)
- main source of income - tax deducible donations 136 000 PLN (34 000 EUR)
- Expenditures: 42 000 PLN (10 000 EUR) (2008)
- Planned expenditures in 2009: 92 000 (23 000 EUR)
- Wikicontest (a micro-granting system for project's editors)
- 3 major and several smaller conferences
- Organisation of several workshop /local wikiacademias for teachers and scientist in Poland.
- Good (however not always positive) visibilty in main-stream media.
- relationships with bussiness (mainly due to the problems with restrictive and unclear Foundation policy regarding using Wikimedia project's logos)
- legal threats (problems of being made responsible for Wikimedia project's content)
- still not enough money to hire a secretary and creating professional office - members of the Board are doing a lot of office paperwork.
Plans for the futureEdit
- Plans for the short term (1 year)
- Expanding Wikicontest
- Wikiexpedition - a new idea of organising expeditions to get content for covering of not well described in Wikipedia areas of Poland (and maybe in the future abroad).
- Better and larger Wikimedia Polska Conference
- Plans for the medium term (3 years)
- Organising Wikimedia 2010 in Poland or at least Central European Wikimedia meetup
- Substantial profesionalisation (i.e. organising office, profesional fundrising system, professional press office etc.)
- Solving cooperation problems with Wikimedia Foundation
- Exchange of ideas with other chapters