Chapters meeting 2009/Preparation/Wikimedia Indonesia
- When was the chapter created?
- 22 Nov 2006: first discussion at a Wikipedia meetup
5 Sep 2008: notary deed signed
7 Oct 2008: approved by WMF
31 Oct 2008: first annual meeting
20 March 2009: officially announced in Indonesia.
- What are the main changes that affected the chapter since then? (if any)
- Number of members
- 19 (founders)
- Around 300€ at the end of 2008, 4600€ planned for 2009
- Two times invited in national seminar (INAICTA 2007 and 2008), although not yet formed as legal entity.
- Appointed as Affiliate Institution for Creative Commons in Indonesia
- Successfully negotiated a famous public figure (actor) as a "goodwill ambassador"
- Started a good relationship with the government (Ministry of Communication and Informatics)
- Lack of member/volunteer participation
- Lack of funds
- Lack of "benefits" for members
Plans for the futureEdit
- Plans for the short term (1 year)
- Start relationships with more government institutions
- Increase number of members
- Organize routine Wikipedia workshops/seminars
- Finish "porting" Creative Commons into Indonesian jurisdiction
- Plans for the medium term (3 years)
- Become government partner in spreading knowledge
- Achieve financial sustainability
- Learn about possible chapter projects and activities
- Learn about building a community: getting members and volunteers
- Learn about effective fundraising