Photographiez les Outre-Mer 2019Edit
- , primary contact (Requested at 10:04, 17 July 2019 (UTC))
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?Edit
I notified the community here ː https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Le_Bistro/17_juillet_2019#Bandeau_photographiez_les_Outre-Mer .--Adelaide Calais WMFr (talk) 10:11, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- Bonjour. A toutes fins utiles, je rappelle que la terre est ronde et que toute terre est l'outre-mer d'au moins une autre. Par ailleurs, je ne pense pas que des utilisateurs fassent spécifiquement un déplacement lointain à la suite de la lecture d'un bandeau simplement pour prendre des photos. Un bandeau intitulé : "Photographiez votre environnement 2019" me semble plus pertinent. Ceux qui se sentent outre-mer sont forcément concernés. Amicalement - Paul.schrepfer (talk) 06:32, 18 July 2019 (UTC)
Central Notice admin commentsEdit
- @Adélaïde Calais WMFr: Bonjour! Please state start and end date of this campaign, and to languages or territories this Banner should be targetted (I guess the DOM-TOMs but I want to be sure). Also, I understand that the banner will only display on French, right? —MarcoAurelio (talk) 10:53, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: Hiǃ That you for your quick reply; This is the first time I've tried to make the request myself and obviously I still have a lot to learn. I answered the questions in the template above but it will not show on the page. I must have deleted something in the code by accident that prevents it from displaying the template. So please, find below the answers to your questions ː
What is the campaign duration?:
- 1 month (1st to 31st of August 2019)
Which projects will you be targeting?:
- Wikipedia in French and Wikimedia Commons. I don't know if it's possible to put up a banner on a version of wikipedia that is still in the incubator ː if it is and if I can provide you with the necessary translations, could the banner be put up on wikipedia in mauritian creole, Guianan Creol, antillean creole, reunionese creole ?
What languages will you be targeting?:
- French if incubators cannot be targeted.
Do you wish to show banners to Logged In users, Anonymous Users or Both? Do you want to target users with a specific number of edits or average monthly?:
- Both please, logged in and anonymous, with no specific number of edits.
What countries will your campaign target? France and its overseas territories (Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Polynesia, French Guiana, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna, Saint Barthélmy, Mayotte, Saint Martin.) --Adelaide Calais WMFr (talk) 14:27, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
Hello Adélaïde Calais WMFr: Only Guinean Creole is supported at this moment. You can post the translated text of the banner in that page. I've also created the banner (preview). The campaign is not activated yet though. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 18:53, 19 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi MarcoAurelio Thank you very much.
- Hi MarcoAurelio, the person I contacted to get a translation of the message into kriyòl gwiyannen did not answer as they are probably on holidays. Is it possible to run the banner from the 1st of August without putting it up on the Guyanese Wikipedia please ? Best --Adelaide Calais WMFr (talk) 14:47, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Adélaïde Calais WMFr The banner can run without the translation. However given that banners do not target individual wikis, but languages (that is: people that use X interface language on Y project and connecting from country Z), I'll disable the banner for gcr instead, French Guiana et al. at least get the banner in French. Regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:13, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hi @MarcoAurelio:. As said on fr-wp Village Pump, there are several typo mistakes in the current banner. Could you change the text for the following, please?
Pendant le mois d'août, participez à la valorisation des patrimoines ultra-marins à travers le concours « Photographiez les outre-mer ».
- Kind regards (and sorry for this late request), Jules78120 (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Jules78120: Certainly & done. The original text came from the requestor. Should appear fixed in some minutes. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:46, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- I saw a banner with the wrong text a few minute ago on fr.wikipedia.org. Perhaps a caching issue (the banner no longer appears, I now get a banner about Wiki Techstorm Amsterdam) but the wrong text is still on this page. Apokrif (talk) 11:59, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Jules78120 and Pic-Sou: should we rather write "photographiez" with a lowercase "p"? (it's not a complete sentence: should it begin with an uppercase letter if it doesn't end with a period ?) Apokrif (talk) 12:04, 26 August 2019 (UTC)