Celtic Knot Conference Accra 2022
Registration for this event has ended. Adding your details to the signup section is prohibited.
The Celtic Knot Conference Accra local meetup 2022 aims to bring Wikimedians in Greater Accra together to learn, edit and share their experiences of working on minority and minoritized languages on Wikimedia technical projects. Our aim is to help them learn how to direct the flow of information across languages to eradicate/reduce language barriers and create visibility for local knowledge online.
This event will help new and existing Wikimedians in Accra, Ghana to meet, learn, translate and edit Mediawiki and technical projects on Translatewiki to Ga, Hausa, Mfatse, Ewe and also contribute to the development of the Ghana Pidgin English on Wikimedia Incubator.
For the event schedule kindly click on this link
Page to discussion session
Action Points edit
- Create awareness on Social media.
- Teach participants how to access and create a Mediawiki and Translatewiki account (which permission will be given instantly from an administrator in other for new contributors to translate system messages on Translatewiki and MediaWiki).
- Introduction to System messages on Wikimedia Projects.
- Introduction to translation on translatewiki and Mediawiki.
- Practical hands-on and edithaton on how to translate system messages from English to other local languages (Ga, Hausa, Ewe, Ghana Pidgin English).
- Discussions about the specific challenges of a language community and recommendations on how to resolve such challenges.
How to participate edit
- Day 1 Venue: Accra Digital Center
- Day 2 Venue: Accra Digital Center
To participate you need to sign up on the participants section and join the conference at the venue indicated. If there are any questions kindly feel free to message me on my talk page. Joris Darlington Quarshie (talk)
To add your name, edit the sign up section and type '
#~~~' below without quotes
Sign up here! edit
Do not add your details to the list without permission from the author.
- Dee Flames Awinebotima (talk)Awinebotima
- daSupremo 17:50, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
- Jwale2 (talk) 21:27, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
- amuzujoe (talk) 22:21, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
- Josh-boat (attend) 10:55, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
- NanaYawBotar (talk) 00:33, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- CalvinWilliams (user Merlin266)
- Joris Darlington Quarshie (talk) 00:51, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- xibitgh (talk) 07:46, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- Niiarmahktagoe (talk) 08:25, 3 July 2022 (UTC)
- Isaac Owusu Mensah
- Robertjamal12 ~🔔 10:57, 6 July 2022 (UTC)
- Kaffzz (Eugene Masiku)
- Yaw tuba (Asare Paul Yaw)
- #~~~ENOCH E$$ANDOH (Enoch Gyeedu-Essandoh)
- Anonymton (talk) (Michael Welbeck)
- Asante Kenneth Yeboah
- Lilparpy (talk) 10:44, 16 February 2023 (UTC)
- Kewl Sunshine (talk) 11:43, 18 February 2023 (UTC)
- Ruby D-Brown (talk) 16:33, 20 February 2023 (UTC)
- Emmanuel Aderko (attend) 8:25, 22 March 2023 (UTC)
- Samuel Attefuah (attend) 8:26, 22 March 2023 (UTC)
- Ohene114 (talk) 16:52, 1 March 2023 (UTC)