Celtic Knot Conference 2019/Submissions/Promoting and managing small sister projects
|This is an open submission for the Celtic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference 2020.|
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Promoting and managing small sister projects
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Amical Wikimedia
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Sister projects are an essential part of Wikimedia and its mission in order to make space for that kind of knowledge that can't fit an encyclopedia. However, they are often pushed into the background, especially if the project language is not a major language. For the past few years, we have been trying to re-activate our sister projects in Catalan with different degrees of success. In this presentation, I will explain and analyze our experiences and learnings (both positive and negative).
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how we managed to keep most of the Catalan projects with activity. At the end of the presentation, the audience will be able to ask questions which will hopefully be useful for their own local communities.
- Theme of session
- WikiCulture & Community
- Will you attend Celtic Knot if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- (Slides are work in progress)
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).