All information on Wikipedia should have references. You can help Wikipedia be more accurate by adding references to existing articles.
- Go to
- Type in the name of a subject area you want to work on, the tool will provide a sentence in an article where a reference is missing.
- Click 'I got this!' to add a reference or 'Next!' to see another option.
- Find a suitable reference online or in a book and click 'edit' on the article.
- Click 'Edit' at the top of the article (if you see code click to switch to the Visual Editor).
- Add the reference to the end of the sentence that says 'citation needed'.
- Remove the 'citation needed' note.
- Click 'Publish changes', say what you did in the summary and if you like it include the tag #WikiGap.
Note: if you find that the sentence that has the "citation needed" has incorrect or out of date information please change it as well as adding the reference.