- 1 Introduction
- 2 Performance against Plans
- 3 Implementation plan
- 4 Strengthening Existing Community
- 5 Content Generation
- 6 Budget
- 7 Notes
Marathi has been a focus language area for the last year. Our work primarily dealt with Marathi Wikipedia and Marathi Wikisource. This work-plan is a depiction of community consultation and feedback from our institutional partners. We tried to give a critical overview of CIS-A2K's work since July 2015 and this work-plan presents the plan of activities for the year between July 2016 to June 2017.
Performance against PlansEdit
- Maharashtra Granthottejak Sanstha (MGS) is a library founded by Justice Ranade, Dr. R. G. Bhandarkar and Lokmanya Tilak in 1895. On the occasion of 121st anniversary, MGS has donated 1000 books to be digitized and made available on Marathi wikisource.
- To reach out to more community members we are creating movement resources like video tutorials, pamphlets and bookmarks.
- Education programs at Savitribai Phule Pune University, Tata Institute of Social Sciences. From education programs, we are able to generate Gender studies related articles on Marathi Wikipedia.
- Meeting 5 Wikipedians per month to collect community requirements and make changes in work plan accordingly.
- Santosh Shingare and Abhinav Garule participated in TTT. With the help of community members, Santosh Shingare organized Hackathon-15 at IIT,Powai on June-15 and Suyog Vyavhare and Anurag Bihani participated in MWT and added different extensions, bots, gadgets. Anurag Bihani also organized a Wikipedia workshop at his institute.
- Female participation in Marathi Wikipedia content generation activities increased through institutional partners.
In last 8 months, CIS-A2K organized education programs, workshops & Edit-a-thons at Pune, Mumbai, Pandharpur, Tuljapur. Cohort analysis summary is as follows:-
|Active editors involved||New editors||Reach||Images added to commons||Articles added||Absolute bytes added|
- Above table shows statistics upto March 2016.
(Upto February 2016)
|Digitized folios||in progress|
- 7 Media mentions for 1000 books content donation from MGS
- Pageviews increased to 2 million.
- Started getting more mobile views
- Making edits of new WEP editors more meaningful and improving existing articles.
- Thematic edit-a-thons for any workshop to work hand-in-hand with community members towards the same goal and to generate content on topics which are not yet covered.
- Community prioritization and digitization of Wikisource books
Program (1) # of newly registered users (2) # of active editors involved (3) # of individuals involved (4a) # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages (4b) # of new images/media uploaded (optional) (5) # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects (6) Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects GLAM 10 5 30 1250 1500 50+200,000(folios) 15 MB Wikipedia Education Program 250 17 450 2300 1200 550 900,000 Edit-a-thon 150 10 225 175 100 175 (Alongwith Wikisource Pages) 300,000 Skill Building - 30 - - - - -
Table 3 notes:Bytes are indicative of Text not images
Cultivating New EditorsEdit
Exploring New Cities
Strengthening Existing CommunityEdit
Advanced editing training
Capacity Building MeetupsEdit
Capacity Building Meetups
Wikipedia education programme
|Expenditure Item||FDC Support (INR)||FDC Support (US$)||Other Sources and in kind Support (INR)||Other Sources and in kind Support (US$)|
|1 PA x 100%||396,000||5775.86999||0||0|
|1 PD x 2.5%||70,330.92||1,025.813763||0||0|
|1 PM x 5%||52,800||770.1159987||0||0|
|3 PO x 11.11%||318,283||4,642.326334||0||0|
|1 PA x 11.11%||55,733||812.895359||0||0|
|Travel and Stay||50,000||729.2765139||22,000||320.8816661|
|Skill Building Initiatives||25,000||364.638257||0||0|
- 100% time of a Program Associate who will anchor this plan at CIS-A2K
- 2.5% time of Program Director, CIS-A2K
- 5% time of Program Manager, CIS-A2K
- 11.11% time of 3 Program Officers, CIS-A2K
- 11.11% time of Program Associate, CIS-A2K
- Expenses incurred by the CIS-A2K program team towards executing the plan