CIS-A2K/IRC meeting 2019-02-17

IRC URL
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#cis-a2k

IRC Chat logEdit

[19:06] == jayanta has joined #cis-a2k
[19:07] == Akasmita has joined #cis-a2k
[19:10] == hrishikes has joined #cis-a2k
[19:11] == Akasmita has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
[19:12] == hrishikes has quit [Client Quit]
[19:13] == Jayprakash12345 has joined #cis-a2k
[19:14] == abartov [sid120593@wikimedia/Ijon]
[19:14] == Jayprakash12345 [~jayprakas@wikimedia/Jayprakash12345]
[19:25] == AshLin has joined #cis-a2k
[19:25] <AshLin> Yo, am early
[19:37] <jayanta> Hi Ashlin
[19:48] == Ananth has joined #cis-a2k
[19:51] == Titodutta has joined #cis-a2k
[19:57] == Pavan has joined #cis-a2k
[19:58] <Pavan> Hello
[19:58] <jayanta> hello
[19:58] == abhinav619 has joined #cis-a2k
[19:59] == gb has joined #cis-a2k
[19:59] == Rajeeb has joined #cis-a2k
[19:59] == gb has changed nick to Guest92881
[20:00] == Satpal has joined #cis-a2k
[20:00] <jayanta> hi all
[20:00] == Gram has joined #cis-a2k
[20:00] <abhinav619> Hello
[20:00] <Satpal> hi.. :)
[20:00] <Gram> Hello
[20:01] == Squiggletrotter_ [uid347541@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-ymrcvhvowtbtwcav] has joined #cis-a2k
[20:01] <jayanta> here is the stats for Indic Wikisource https://tools.wmflabs.org/indic-wsstats/ which is developed by Jay
[20:01] == Guest92881 has quit [Client Quit]
[20:01] == Gram has quit [Client Quit]
[20:01] == Balaji_Tamil has joined #cis-a2k
[20:01] == gitartha has joined #cis-a2k
[20:02] <Balaji_Tamil> hello all!!!
[20:02] == Subodh has joined #cis-a2k
[20:02] == Rajeeb_ has joined #cis-a2k
[20:02] <jayanta> After IWCC2018 the as pa ml community growing fast
[20:03] == Gram has joined #cis-a2k
[20:03] <Gram> Hello
[20:03] <jayanta> specially Assamese community active user increase
[20:04] <jayanta> here is the stats for Indic Wikisource https://tools.wmflabs.org/indic-wsstats/ which is developed by Jay
[20:05] <Balaji_Tamil> Congrats Assamese community
[20:05] <Gram> Kudos to Geetartha 💐💐💐
[20:05] <jayanta> and pa community also
[20:05] <Rajeeb__> Good job Jay
[20:05] <gitartha> thank you on behalf of Assamese community
[20:05] <Titodutta> Hello
[20:06] <Jayprakash12345> Thank :)
[20:06] <jayanta> https://wikisource.org/wiki/File:Indic_Wikisource_Proofread_Stats.png here is a graph of developments
[20:06] == KCVelaga has joined #cis-a2k
[20:07] == Satpal has quit [Ping timeout: 256 seconds]
[20:07] <Subodh> Pl place the agenda for the meeting..
[20:09] <jayanta> here is the tentative agenda Update status of what we have done after first IRC and IWCC2018 Major issues we faced, and how do I help personally towards the specific community ( Offline and Online both) Organize edit-thon for Wikisource ( Offline and Online both) Workshop planning for other community for Oriya Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu ( ) Advance Wikisource Workshop for Punjabi Community. Add more if you have to discuss ….
[20:09] <jayanta> I am sharing now Wikisource Stats
[20:09] <AshLin> Wow, never knew Bn & Ta communities have done lakhs of pages in WS :) Congrats to members of both communities
[20:10] <jayanta> Major issues we faced, and how do I help personally towards the specific community ( Offline and Online both)
[20:10] <jayanta> Workshop planning for other community for Oriya Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu ( )
[20:10] <jayanta> Advance Wikisource Workshop for Punjabi Community.
[20:11] <jayanta> We are already planning for workshops for Ta, As, Gu community
[20:11] <jayanta> Oriya Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu community have not shown their interest about workshop
[20:12] <jayanta> although there are ongoing talk at TAWS mailing list.
[20:13] <Subodh> basics workshop for mr was conducted in Pune last week, community members would like to plan extensive one for 2 days
[20:13] <jayanta> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Development_of_Indic_Wikisource.svg here is 3 month developments graph
[20:14] <jayanta> @Subodh thanks for this information
[20:15] == Pmlineditor [~Pmlinedit@wikimedia/pmlineditor] has joined #cis-a2k
[20:15] <jayanta> @Subodh we looking for workshop , where the wikimedians are already working for his language.
[20:16] <jayanta> any question for stats??
[20:18] <jayanta> I am sharing another page https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic-TechCom/Requests/IWCC2018
[20:19] <jayanta> where jay has done great job after IWCC2018
[20:20] <jayanta> another place to put your request as general https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic-TechCom/Requests
[20:21] <jayanta> Major issues we faced, and how do I help personally towards the specific community ( Offline and Online both)
[20:21] <jayanta> next agenda
[20:21] <jayanta> please
[20:22] <gitartha> voive typing? is that available for all
[20:22] <Balaji_Tamil_> hi
[20:22] == Suyash has joined #cis-a2k
[20:22] <gitartha> saw a message on tech com page
[20:22] == Gurlal has joined #cis-a2k
[20:22] <Jayprakash12345> I will also work for custom stats and graph etc
[20:23] <Balaji_Tamil_> Oriya Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu community have not shown their interest about workshop -- sorry how is conclusion was arrived for ta community?
[20:23] <Suyash> Hi room
[20:24] <Gurlal> hello everyone..sorry for late
[20:24] <jayanta> @Balaji that was my mistake... the talking is going on at taws mailing list
[20:24] <Balaji_Tamil_> Thanks for clarification
[20:24] <jayanta> Hi Suyash and Gurlal
[20:24] <Suyash> Hello
[20:25] <Gurlal> hi, what is topic of today ?
[20:25] <Jayprakash12345> Suyash Ji: Have you any plan for Hindi Wikisource?
[20:25] <jayanta> We are talking about indic wikisource stats and developments https://tools.wmflabs.org/indic-wsstats/
[20:26] == Satdeep has joined #cis-a2k
[20:26] <Gurlal> thanks jayanta ji
[20:27] <Suyash> I was not in Kolkata sammelan so not much aware about community involvement
[20:27] <Suyash> Hello Jai
[20:27] <Jayprakash12345> Hi
[20:27] <abhinav619> Hi, Just to answer on Hindi Wikisource...It is still under incubation but the progress has been great. We should get a domain soon. Lot of efforts have also been put up on translate Wiki
[20:28] <Balaji_Tamil_> nice.
[20:28] <Balaji_Tamil_> any other indic wikisource in incubation?
[20:28] <jayanta> after IWCC2018, the Hindi Wikisource community is working great last three month, I will share the graph
[20:29] <hrishikes> <Balaji_Tamil_> any other indic wikisource in incubation? -- Pali.
[20:29] <abhinav619> Hindi Wikisource...We will be having our first women's exclusive (organised and hosted by Women) edit-a-thon beginning this March
[20:29] <jayanta> @Abhinav Great
[20:30] <Jayprakash12345> Great abhinav618
[20:30] <Balaji_Tamil_> @Hrishikes. Thanks for info. Pali. nice.
[20:30] <abhinav619> But we need help here on hosting an edit-a-thon, User:Wikilover90 amongst others would be assisting but would be happy to hear more on how to host it effectively
[20:31] <Ramesam> If you see the stats, consistent progress as of Sept 18, Jan. 19.
[20:31] == Pm has joined #cis-a2k
[20:31] <Pavan> @jayanta Currently IWCC2018 participant from Telugu, @Ramesam is working on bringing editors to WS by individual approach and we are supporting his attempts by training such individuals
[20:31] <jayanta> @ Abhinav we ready to help
[20:32] <Suyash> Hello abhinav good to hear that
[20:32] <Pavan> This attempt started yeilding good results; 4 users came to Wikisource and one out of them become a very active editor in few weeks.
[20:32] <Pavan> We are currently planning an offline event with some of them and other potential editors to train them, sustain their interest and get them involved more.
[20:32] <Pavan> As some other interested participants are distributed in different places, we could attempt training them over online classes (Currently we are doing it in Telugu Wikipedia) We would like to create a training schema that can be implemented in online classes, needed help in this regard.
[20:34] <abhinav619> In line with Pavan, online class would also be effective for Hindi, since we have dispersed all across India
[20:35] <jayanta> next agenda , Organize edit-thon for Wikisource (Online both), but its need stats tool
[20:35] <Titodutta> Ya
[20:35] <Titodutta> Query will work!
[20:35] <Titodutta> ?
[20:37] <gitartha> @Pavan I've used fb and whatsapp to train basic things to 3 persons yesterday :)
[20:37] <Jayprakash12345> After completing current Indic-TechCom Work, i will work for Indic Wikisource Proofread and validation Tool.
[20:38] <Jayprakash12345> Query will work! --> It will you only edits count.
[20:38] <Pavan> @gitartha Great! Kudos
[20:38] <Ramesam> Great
[20:38] <Balaji_Tamil_> wonderful @Jay
[20:39] == Ananth has joined #cis-a2k
[20:39] <abhinav619> That would be awesome Jay ..
[20:39] <Rajeeb> Is there anyway I can get the previous conversations conversed today?
[20:40] <jayanta> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hindi_Wikisource_Edits_vs._Month.png Hindi Wikisource development graph
[20:41] <gitartha> Jayanta da can we have similar graph for aswiki?
[20:41] <abhinav619> Oh my God ! We became so poor in February...everybody went on a rest after the conference ....we will pick it up :)
[20:42] <jayanta> @gitartha , sure
[20:43] <hrishikes> @Ramesam: please check your file.
[20:44] <jayanta> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hindi_Wikisource_Active_Editor_vs._Month.png active editor stats by month
[20:44] <jayanta> Next agenda Major issues we faced,
[20:46] <jayanta> it is requested to all user please post your problem here https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic_Wikisource_Helpdesk
[20:47] <hrishikes> Yes, scarcely anyone does so.
[20:50] <Satpal> okay Jayanta ji. Have any idea about the update of https://stats.wikimedia.org/wikisource/EN/Sitemap.htm
[20:50] <Satpal> because Punjabi language Wikisource is not there.
[20:51] <jayanta> next agenda Workshop planning
[20:52] <Rajeeb> where?
[20:53] <jayanta> ta gu as community have shown their interest
[20:53] <jayanta> have any plan for other community??
[20:53] <Rajeeb> I
[20:54] <Pavan> We are currently planning an offline event (basic WS) for new editors Ramesam got into teWS.
[20:55] <Pavan> After the event, will plan an advanced Workshop with existing and new editors
[20:55] <jayanta> Rajib we can talk in comming MTTT in bengal regarding this workshop for Bengali Wikisource
[20:55] <Rajeeb> I have been requesting for a Wikisource workshop in Kolkata, since few months and even mailed you Jayanta Da
[20:56] <Rajeeb> ok fine Jayanta Da
[20:56] <jayanta> we have 4 minutes left
[20:57] <jayanta> Are there any questions??
[20:57] <Rajeeb> Is there any provision of video recording and online participation of the upcoming wikisource workshop?
[20:58] <gitartha> we already planned one for March but now we are informed that it will be postponed
[20:58] <Subodh> We are also planning one offline event. We need your help in designing schedule and specific inputs.
[20:58] <jayanta> I have done for Sankrit Wikisource workshop , and they recorded whole workshop. let ask for them.
[20:58] <Rajeeb> Remotely wikimedians would be benefited if such arrangements can be done
[20:59] <Rajeeb> Jayanta Da kindly share some presentations of your last workshops
[20:59] <abhinav619> Just like fountain tool for Wikipedia...what to do for Wikisource edit a thon
[21:00] <jayanta> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Wishlist_Survey_2019/Wikisource/Wikisource_Contest_Tools
[21:00] <jayanta> most needed tool for Wikisource
[21:00] <Rajeeb> ok
[21:01] <abhinav619> Okay Jayanta Da
[21:01] == Prateek has joined #cis-a2k
[21:01] <abhinav619> Just want to know how did Punjabi quality their metrics ?
[21:03] <jayanta> @Abhinav, not know !!
[21:04] <abhinav619> Okay
[21:06] <Pavan> Okay, bye everyone; Have a great week ahead!
[21:07] <jayanta> The time is over already, still if any quires please tell me. or
[21:07] <Rajeeb> Best wishes to everyone
[21:07] <jayanta> we can close the IRC now
[21:08] <jayanta> Thanks all
[21:08] <jayanta> good night