Collaboration with Veda Vidyalaya, Ramkrishna Math, BelurEdit
The meeting with Swami Vedtattwananda, Principal of Ved Vidyalaya at Belur Math, Kolkata was held on 12 February to discuss possible collaborative projects. Some of the proposed activities evolved are -
- Sharing of content suitable for Sanskrit Wikisource
- Development of OERs for Sanskrit learning
- Orientation programmes for institutions in Belur Math campus and Sanskrit departments in selected institutions
Collaboration with Jadavpur UniversityEdit
During our meeting, we thought of working in collaboration on following projects initially -
- Integrating the metadata of the archives and library with Wikidata project of Wikimedia. This will connect the data to global platforms.
- Uploading the copyright free material already digitised on Wikimedia projects to make it searchable and accessible across the world. We thought of books, images, audio files.
- Working on OCR related issues and Shabda Kosha project together.
A day long meeting and some demonstration sessions were conducted with the initiative of Samantak Das, Professor of Comparative Literature; Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC); Director, School of Cultural Texts & Records; Honorary Director, Hirendra Nath Datta Foundation; Joint Coordinator, Rabindranath Studies Centre in the Jadavpur University campus.
Collaboration with Visva-Bharati University, SantiniketanEdit
Proposed Projects with Rabindra BhavanEdit
CIS-A2K and West Bengal Wikimedians User Group (WBG) have jointly submitted a project proposal to Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal, India to collaboratively work on:
- Digital documentation of the of heritage structures in the university campus along with museum collections, art collections, books, manuscripts, audio files etc. produced and/or collected in different institutes of the university,
- Online storage and display of the digitally documented products in the free and open-access platform of Wikimedia, and,
- Gradually building a stable long term partnership between the Wikimedia world and the university to improve the quality content of different Wikimedia projects with verifiable and reliable resources of the university.
Contact persons' - Nilanjan Bandyopadhya, Special Officer, Rabindra Bhavana, Uttarayan Museum Complex; Sudev Pratim Basu, Associate Professor of English, Department of English & Deputy Proctor Visva-Bharati University
Proposed projects with Sangit BhavanaEdit
- Digital documentation of the teaching methodology of the departments of Sangit Bhavana,
- Digital documentation of all aspects of Indian classical music,
- Digital documentation of music produced by departments of Sangit Bhavan,
- Gradually building a stable long term partnership between the Wikimedia world and Sangit Bhavana to improve the quality content of music related content of different Wikimedia projects with verifiable and reliable resources provided by Sangit Bhavana.
Contact persons' - Dr Ranjani Ramachandran, Hindustani Classical Vocalist, Assistant Professor, Sangit Bhavana
Collaboration with DRCSCEdit
Development Research Communication and Services Centre (DRCSC), non-governmental development organization was formed in 1982 as a resource centre for the collection, collation and dissemination of knowledge and skills regarding sustainable agriculture and alternative livelihood. However, since 1992, DRCSC was focused on improving food and livelihood security of the rural poor through scientific management of natural resources and community based initiatives. The proposed activities are -
- Re-licensing of resource material developed by oraganisation
- Content generation on sustainable livelihood practices
- Developing OERs in local languages
Contact persons' - Subrato Kundu
- Meetings held with - Trishna Basak, Sudhanya Dasgupta, Prof. Samantak Das
- Discussions started with authors - Anita Agnihotri, Amar Mitra, Tapan Bandopadhyay