CIS-A2K organized a meetup at Patiala on 25 August 2019. This was the monthly meetup of Punjabi Wikimedians User Group of August month and this was also a meeting that was organized two months later in Patiala. Otherwise, online meetings were done before this meeting.
- Date: 25 August 2019
- Venue: At residence of Charan Gill, Professor Colony, Urban Estate
- City: Patiala
- Timing: 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Total participants: 15
- Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/augustmonthmeeting
- Created new account of Narinder Singh Kharar.
- Three of participants attended meeting for the first time.
- Brief introduction of Wikisource, Wikipedia, Commons, and Wikidata to newcomers.
- Stalinjeet Brar shared his idea about an upcoming event about Guru Nanak Dev in Punjabi University Patiala.
- Introduction of Project Tiger 2.0.
- Discussion to start Wikiproject Punjab on Punjabi Wikipedia and Wikidata.
- Jagseer S Sidhu shared his work on audiobooks to all the participants.
- To boost up energy on Wikidata project related to Gurudwaras and to organize one workshop for newcomers on editing Wikidata. (requested by Dharampal Singh)
Before the day of the meeting came, It was discussed in the village pump of Punjabi Wikipedia and over messenger, group chats that when can we meet. So, the day of 25 August, Sunday was decided to meet. 15 people participated in this meeting. 6 of them are living in Patiala and other people came from different parts of Punjab. 3 participants came of the first time. Before the meeting, It was raining in Patiala, so the meeting was started at 12:30 instead of 11 AM.
First of all, we started with an introduction and later we discussed to organize an event or workshop dedicating Guru Nanak Dev's 550 Years birth celebration. In between ਲਵਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ joined the meeting. Stalinjeet Brar gave his views that what we have done or what we can do. After that, the tea was served by Jagseer S Sidhu and Rajdeep ghuman. Later we had some random discussion lead by Charan Gill and we discussed Project Tiger 2.0 and we notified everyone about applying Chromebook and for an Internet connection. Later, Hardarshan helped some participants to edit Wikisource advance and Satpal (CIS-A2K) gave an introduction of Wikisource, Wikipedia, Commons, and Wikidata to newcomers. In brief, we discussed Project Gurudwara on Wikidata and Dharampal Singh shared his idea to conduct one workshop on Wikidata. Reimbursement was done at the end of the meeting and some of the participants clicked random photos.