Kolhapur is major publishing hub in Western Maharashtra region of India. After the publishers workshop in Pune, author from Kolhapur took initiative to organise this first orientation & brain storming session for 5 key persons active in the sector.
CIS-A2K has taken comprehensive approach to involve all stakeholders in knowledge business. We have been approaching publishers and writers for content donation. The workshop was organised in Pune after such orientation sessions. It was attended by 80 publishers/writers. The publishers groups in various places have shown interest in open knowledge projects. The sessions are being planned in major publishing hubs.
- To introduce open source applications available for Marathi Language processing
- To discuss the status of Marathi on web
- To demonstrate the knowledge seeking through searching on various devices
- To get reference value content in Wiki projects
Date : 3 December 2018
Time : 11am to 3pm
Place : Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
Venue : Kolhapur
The publishers and writers from Kolhapur took initiative to arrange this orientation session. In this initial session 5 people responded positively. One of the authors, Sunilkumar Lawate has taken initiative to re license his books for Commons. He opened his account on Wikipedia and himself uploaded his biography on Gyanpith awardee V. S. Khandekar. He has agreed in principle to donate his 20 more books. These books are available here.
- The book on Commons - V. S. Khandekar Biography
- Book on Marathi Wikisource after OCR - वि. स. खांडेकर चरित्र
The separate sessions for training of authors in OTRS process are proposed in next quarter. The hands-on session of publishers will be planned at Kolhapur.