After Indic Wikisource Community Consultation 2018 in Kolkata in 2018, the CIS-A2K conducted the Wikisource workshops in different languages. Among them were Punjabi Wikisource Workshop, Patiala, Gujarati Wikisource Workshop, Ahmedabad Marathi Wikisource Workshop, Pavel, Tamil Wikisource Workshop, Salem and Assamese Wikisource Workshop, Guwahati Wikisource community. CIS-A2K conducted all these Wikisource workshops in 2019.
Today, after 3 years of the Covid Pandemic, we want to go back again to those Wikisource language communities, Where the language community stands today after we planned and worked three years ago for those communities. We will plan to revisit to same communities to discuss, develop, and strengthen to the next level.
CIS-A2K will conduct an advanced level Wikisource workshop, continuous sustainable road maps, future plan, and GLAM development towards Wikisource project in respective languages.
- Announcement and selection of the participants
- Logistics: Information collection process
Who can join? edit
- Wikimedian who is currently residing in Malayalam states in India.
- Actively involved and recently active on Malayalam Wikisource Projects.
- At least 100+ Pagenamespace edits in Malayalam Wikisource till 31 March 2023
- Note: Partial participation (eg, can not attend fully, but attend most/some of the workshop) is not allowed.
Agenda and Schedule edit
- Is it residential training?
- Yes. Every participant is expected to come before the main event day and wish to spend a full event day.
- Are you going to support my accommodation during the workshop?
- Yes. We will arrange your accommodation
- Are you going to support my travel during the workshop?
- Bus/Train/Auto/Taxi/Cab will be reimbursed for an original fare ticket by CIS-A2k. (please send your original ticket to CIS-A2K OR hand it over to the organiser team member). If any participant comes from different states or countries to attend this meeting/workshop, flight travel may be reimbursed with prior approval from the organizing team.
- Can I bring my friend/brother(...) to the workshop?
- Kindly no, not during the workshop.
- Why can't I attend the workshop, if I am not from the mentioned Gujarat states?
- Apologies, this is a zonal workshop. Please let us know if you want to have a similar workshop in your zone. You may email jayanta cis-india.org
- Can we set an agenda without this topic?
- Apologies, this is a Wikisource-specific workshop. Please let us know if you want to have a Wikipedia or any other Wikimedia project workshop in your zone. You may email vishnu cis-india.org
- I am a new contributor in Wikisoure or I have no experience in Wikisource. Am I eligible to join this event?
- Apologies, the workshop is not for you. This is a Wikisource advance level workshop. A minimum 1000+ page namespace proofread and 200-page validation with proper standard format and long-term contributor of Wikisource user can eligible to apply for joining.
Please let us know if you want to have a Wikisource Basic workshop in your zone. You may email vishnu cis-india.org