Konkani Lokotsav 2017
- Konkani people are always considered a matter of national pride by virtue of their traditional value-based services and their qualitative contributions in the fields of business, trade, industry, banking, education and health care. As a language, Konkani finds its pride of place in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution. It is the official language of Goa and widely spoken in Maharashtra, coastal Karnataka and Kerala. In Karnataka, 41 communities of Hindus, Muslims and Christians are woven into the common linguistic fabric of Konkani.
- To spread the fragrance of universal brotherhood, amity, unity and secular values.
- 10, 11 and 12 February 2017
- Main Event Organizer: Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Academy
- Local Wikipedia Volunteer Organizers: Harriet Silva Vidyasagar, Sabrina Britto Hougaard, Dr. Krishna Mohan
- Meta supporter: CIS-A2K
Please sign up below by adding four tildes if you want to
- Volunteer (during all or part of the 3 days.)
- ----Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:00, 7 February 2017 (UTC)(I will join part of 3 days)
- ---- Gopala Krishna A (talk) 09:44, 9 February 2017 (UTC) (I will join part of 3 days)
- Learn to edit Wikipedia
- Learn to add photographs to Wikipedia articles.
Activities and HighlightsEdit
- Mammoth congregation of people from 41 denominations of Konkani Hindus, Muslims and Christians.
- Spectacular show of rick folk dances of Siddi, Kudmi, Kharvi, Huluswara and other tribes and communities.
- Delicious ethnic Konkani "Khann Jevann" and more.
- A process to exhibit the variety of dances, songs, instrumental music and other art forms.
- Interactive seminars and lectures to discover ways and means to secure a bright future for Konkani
- A brilliant display of Konkani cuisine, costumes, customs, traditions, practices, etc. under one roof
- A historic event to witness the best of Konkani culture
- A mega event of coastal India with a gathering of people in thousands
- Recognition of the achievements of youth, women and veterans for their contributions to Konkani.
- First Day - Friday, 10th February, 2017
Day dedicated to women and children. This day, all the programmes are dedicated to women and children. Women and children will showcase their varied literary and cultural talents. There will be seminars as well. The exhibition will be on display throughout the day, and in the evening there will be folk and performing arts' presentations. Also, during the day, short cultural performances will take stage.
- Second Day - Saturday, 11th February, 2017
Day dedicated to youth. The second day is focused on the youth, especially those learning Konkani at the school and college level. There will be talent shows, a grand procession and cultural programmes.
- Third Day - Sunday, 12th February, 2017
This day is for all Konkani speaking people- irrespective of region, age and gender. Seminars, conferences and cultural programmes will be the highlights of the day. The day will culminate in the Closing Ceremony which will have the Academy Honorary Awards, Book Awards, Youth Awards, Felicitation to Achievers, Book Releases, etc. It will indeed be a grand celebration with choral singing by male and female singers from Mangalore and around.