To nurture the active editors, constant capacity building sessions are needed. The tam building is also achieved for long term contributions and retention. The intensive inputs are not possible in big workshop. Hence CIS-A2K has initiated personalised Wiki Sessions. This was the first in the series for Marathi Wikimedians in Pune. The event was conducted on 6 August 2018, in which seven editors participated.
After the Mini TTT for Marathi community, it was realised that intensive training according to personal needs is important. The performance improvement needs applications of various tools effectively. Acquiring new skills through practice and focused guidance are unique features of this training session.
- To enhance the quality & skills of active Marathi editors
- To expose the group to Advance Wiki tools
- To give some hand on tasks to judge the abilities and needs assessment
- Date : Monday, 6 August 2018
- Time : 12PM to 7PM
- Place : Synergy Properties conference room, Kothrud, Pune
- Tito Dutta (CIS-A2K)
- आर्या जोशी (चर्चा) १७:१६, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- ज्ञानदा गद्रे-फडके (चर्चा) १७:१९, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- Pooja Jadhav (चर्चा) १७:२१, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- Pushkar Ekbote (चर्चा) १७:२४, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- कल्याणी कोतकर (चर्चा) १७:२६, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- Rajendra prabhune (चर्चा)१७:३०, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- WikiSuresh (चर्चा) १८:१०, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
- सुबोध कुलकर्णी (चर्चा) १९:३९, ६ ऑगस्ट २०१८ (IST)
The pre-event work was done to list the individual requirements for improving performance on Wiki. The inputs were scheduled as per these needs. The participants were trained in applications of tools & gadgets, user scripts, good article process, advance search for reliable references and policy making process. These active editors are also proposing new policies and changes in previous ones. The individual attention resulted into increased confidence and clarity of process. The team building amongst these participants was also achieved. It is proposed to arrange such intensive sessions more frequently.