Our potential institutional partner in Brazil, Ação Educativa, has been finalizing a project's proposal to be submitted to WMF.
Data & ExperimentsEdit
- Prototype of ptwiki timeline created with events data structured.
- Ongoing evalution on the design of the Data Center
- Research released:
- Vandalism profile, impact and occurance (preliminary results released, still collecting more data)
- Research in the planning phase:
- Medicin Wikiproject: The activity of users that were invited to the project by the Wikiprojetosbot will be tracked to mesure the effectiveness of the invitations.
Staff & Community workEdit
- IRC with community: agenda covered vandalism research, consensus on wikipedia, mismatching disambiguations, education program job positions, ptwiki research center history and future, medicin wikiproject and ptwiki timeline. pt:Wikipédia:Projetos/Wikipédia/Reuniões
- Education program job positions:
- Interview with candidates (we had 100+ applicants!) for the education program positions
- Online task with final candidates for the coordination position: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Esplanada/geral/Sobre_a_efici%C3%AAncia_da_participa%C3%A7%C3%A3o_da_comunidade_no_processo_seletivo_de_empregados_da_Wikimedia_Foundation_(21mai2013)
- Two new independent contractors to substitute the Education Program Consultant, Everton Alvarenga were chosen
- On going support: support for professors on our network and others willing to join
- Outreach materials: Finalising outreach and guide materials
- Outreach events: successful outreach event organized by the community at UFRGS (Porto Alegre city): http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Encontros/UFRGS20131
- In the media: http://noticias.terra.com.br/educacao/wikipedia-aposta-no-professor-para-se-tornar-mais-confiavel-no-brasil,93e074cf796de310VgnVCM3000009acceb0aRCRD.html and http://www.baguete.com.br/noticias/24/05/2013/wikipedia-quer-universidades
- Wikiprojetosbot started dispatching invitations for users to join the wikiproject.
- Despite its preliminary stage, this strategy is already showing some results such as community engagement on the Wikiproject talk page and an increasing number of new editors.