Arctic Knot Conference 2021/Submissions/Section Translation: Improving Mobile Translation
This is an open submission for the Arctic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference 2021.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Section Translation: Improving Mobile Translation
- Author of the submission
- Eli Asikin-Garmager, Amir E. Aharoni, Pau Giner, Nik Gkountas
- Submission format
- Pre-recorded video presentation (10–30 minutes)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Content Translation has been used since 2015 by more than 78,000 editors to create over 800,000 Wikipedia articles. Section Translation aims to bring the option of translation to mobile editors, and can be used to expand existing articles. The session will present a brief history of the research and design process that led to Section Translation, as well as recent research done on the experiences of early adopters. It will conclude with a short demo of Section Translation.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn about a new language tool being developed that can help grow content on wikis, especially when communities of editors are multilingual. They will also learn about ongoing research being done to inform the tool's design and development.
- Theme of session
- Language technology
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
Interested attendees edit
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).