Content on the Wikimedia projectsEdit
Please note that languages spoken on the Alps are not necessarily national or official languages. Languages related to migrations can be included in the project as well.
- Education and Training. Initiatives to involve schools and universities in contributing to the Wikimedia projects and training to support the capacity of individuals to contribute to the Wikimedia projects. Wikipedia Academy.
Wiki Loves MonumentsEdit
Wiki Loves HearthEdit
First edition in 2013 in Ukraine. Category on Wikimedia Commons.
- Iberocoop (Regional Cooperation Initiative for Ibero-America) links together the local chapters and working groups, thus fostering collaboration and experience sharing. Ibero-America supposes a strategic area where the organization of the Wikimedia movement is still a big challenge. In 2012 the network does not include Lusophone African groups.
- WikiFrancA - French speaking community. In 2012 there have been a meeting during Wikimania 2012 and there have been the establishment of a specific mailing list.
- Arabic Language Initiative supports the Arabic Wikipedia community in order to develop the overall status of Arabic Wikipedia and reduce the gap between the over 400 million speakers and the below 200K articles. It is one of the Wikimedia Foundation's global development projects directed towards Global South.
- Wikidata. A free, collaborative, multilingual, secondary database, collecting structured data to provide support for Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, the other Wikimedia projects, and well beyond that.
Research and ResourcesEdit
- Research. Articles, publications, studies and information design about Wikipedia.
- Bookshelf project. Materials and communication tools to present Wikipedia and its sister projects.