Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research - Liaison approval, April 2015
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Two members of the Affiliations Committee assigned as liaisons to a Wikimedia User Group application may initially approve the application for up to one year;
- The application of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research on Meta has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their application, is "to support the participation of teachers, researchers and employees of several national institutions that participate in the Education Program of Wikimedia in Brazil, aiming to integrate the academic community to the Wikimedia movement, creating a more friendly and responsive environment for the development of projects, research, contests, events and other activities."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee liaisons assigned to this application that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it
- resolved that the Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable, period that becomes effective when both the Wikimedia User Group agreement and Code of Conduct are signed.
Resolution passed with 2 votes in favor, 0 votes against, 0 abstentions, 0 votes not cast, on 10 April 2015.