Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Renewal Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska 2016
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- On October 6, 2015, Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska was recognized as a Wikimedia User Group by the Affiliations Committee for a term of 1 year that would finish on October 6, 2016, this renewal will extend that period to adjust their reporting year to the gregorian calendar and will not expire until December 31, 2016;
- The affiliation requirements for Wikimedia User Groups include annual renewal based on the annual activities report submitted by the group.
- The current status and work performed by Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska have been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- They have fulfilled the minimum requirements to retain their status as a Wikimedia User Group;
- Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska submitted their activities reporting for 2015 colored with data and example images highlighting the projects and partnership activities of their first year. This included four cultural or educational partners with which the group reports initial education program activities, a two-month long photo competition, an edit-a-thon, and development of social media networks. Other notable activities include their participation in CEE Meeting 2015 in Estonia and community meetings held in 2015 and several instances of media attention.
- The Affiliations Committee has determined that the Wikimedia User Group satisfies the requirements for renewal of its status as an affiliate.
- Therefore be it resolved that the Wikimedia User Group status of Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska is hereby renewed for an additional one-year term through December 31, 2016.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this renewal has been approved on February 18, 2016 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: