Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Math
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Community User Group Math has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to coordinate the global activities to improve the display and retrieval of mathematical expressions, While the long term objective is to make mathematical knowledge better accessible to every human being in close collaboration with the Wikimedia 2030 movement,"
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia Community User Group Math's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Community User Group Math is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 16 July 2019.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 16 July 2019 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: