Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of H-GAPS User Group
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Community User Group Helping Give Away Psychological Science has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to helping the best information about psychological science reach the people who would benefit. HGAPS aims to bridge the gap between students, clinicians, researchers, and the public by creating and spreading accessible and free resources. Bringing together students and content experts to gather and present the best information about psychological science to the people who would benefit. We aim to link Wikipedia (and Google) with high quality resources and information about psychological science, improving the next generation of training, and creating tools that help practitioners and researchers."
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia Community User Group Helping Give Away Psychological Science's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Community User Group Helping Give Away Psychological Science is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 12 June 2020.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 12 June 2020 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: