Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition of Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to promote, expand, and facilitate the gender diversity visibility work being done by all language Wikipedias, WikiCommons and Wikidata, directing the research and development for the project's unique needs by managing delivery of materials and technology, planning, and organizing systems to support their production of content."
- Application Review
- With regard to Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 25 September 2018.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 25 September 2018 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: