- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Dagbani Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is-
- To promote awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Mole-Dagbani languages in Benin, Burkina Faso and Ghana.
- To establish the development of Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia and Wiktionary for all 16 dialects of the Mole-Dagbani language group via the Wikimedia incubator, and nurture them to become full projects.
- To promote editing of Wikimedia projects in these languages by organizing events and activities, and recruiting new editors.
- To promote the development of structured data for the 16 Mole-Dagbani languages, utilizing Wikidata, so that these languages can become more digitally usable and visible on the internet.
- To equip editors of projects in Mole-Dagbani languages with the skill and ability for the continues development of Wikimedia projects; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Dagbani Wikimedians User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Dagbani Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 03 February 2021.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 03 February 2021 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: MKaur (WMF) (talk) 16:15, 7 February 2021 (UTC)