Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to connect and bring together users from Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska with sole purpose of expanding Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 6 October, 2015.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 6 October, 2015 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 20:37, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- You've made a mistake User:JAnstee_(WMF): there's no Republic of Srpska, only Republika Srpska - the name is not translated into English, see Dayton Accords. 188.8.131.52 15:07, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hello anonymous editor. It is up to the user group to choose its name and there is no requirement that they change it to suit your request. Rather, the name is within the user group naming guidelines and it is the choice of the user group whether to change it. Thanks, JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 21:14, 2 December 2016 (UTC)