- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia User Group Nigeria has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to "serve the Wikimedians in Nigeria ... to promote the use of Wikimedia projects by residents of Nigeria, and to also help in creating awareness on how the everyday Nigerian can contribute to the pool of Knowledge, which is Wikimedia; most especially in the translation efforts into the major local languages. [They] aim to achieve this by hosting several projects and events such as: edit-a-thons, GLAMs, Wikipedia Education programs and other projects, which aim to promote Wikimedia projects in Nigeria.:
- To promote the use of Wikimedia projects by people in Nigeria
- To help people in Nigeria learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- To organize in-person gatherings of Wikimedians in Nigeria"; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia User Group Nigeria is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 28 September, 2015.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 28 September, 2015 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 20:45, 30 May 2016 (UTC)