- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Florida Librarians of Wikipedia has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "a group of librarians and Wikipedians who wish to better the online resource in our own small way though our combined efforts. We believe that there are far too few librarians involved in editing, although we have a skill set uniquely suited to improving and creating Wikipedia articles. Through individual yet directed editing, edit-a-thons, and working towards our strengths as librarians our goals are to: 1) improve and create Wikipedia content and, 2) help legitimize the online encyclopedia for those in a profession that does not always see it as a legitimate information resource."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Florida Librarians of Wikipedia is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 10 May, 2016.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 10 May, 2016 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 21:59, 30 May 2016 (UTC)