Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/eo
The 2019 affiliate-selected Board seats process reported results on 12 June 2019. Everyone is invited to discuss the election on the talk page. As this is a wiki election, it is transparent. Examine the ballots, reflect on the election debriefing, and again - discuss any election issues on the talk page to understand this election and improve the process for the future.
The process is governed by the relevant resolutions adopted by the affiliates.
- March 2014 resolution establishing the election
- January 2019 Wikimedia Foundation bylaws resolution including Wikimedia user groups in the selection process
- April 2019 resolution establishing this selection
The election facilitators for 2019 are
- Ad Huikeshoven, User:Ad Huikeshoven (Wikimedia Foundation board liaison)
- Lane Rasberry, User:Bluerasberry
- Jeffrey Keefer, User:FULBERT
- Abhinav Srivastava, User:Abhinav619 (deputy Wikimedia Foundation board liaison)
- Neal McBurnett, User:nealmcb
- Alessandro Marchetti, User:Alexmar983
These facilitators have volunteered for these roles. No objections were raised. There is room for volunteers in an advisory role to Election Facilitators. We want to encourage participation in this process that embraces diversity and inclusion. As such, we especially welcome women and non-binary people and representation from the Global South.
- Affiliate-selected Board seats election FAQ
- Primer for user groups, contains advice and links that may be helpful for any affiliates
- Translation Central for ASBS pages
- Page collecting information about the Qualtrics system used for the selection
- Nominations from 15 April 00:00 UTC to 30 April 23:59 UTC. See the Call for Candidates and Nominations pages. Community members may ask questions of the candidates.
- Reviewing and screening by the community from 1 to 7 May.
- Voting for nominees by Affiliates from 8 to 31 May.
- Results by the end of June.
Current Board of Trustees
The affiliate selected board members whose terms are expiring are Christophe Henner (user:Schiste) and Nataliia Tymkiv (user:Antanana). These two are eligible to stand for election for an additional term if they submit themselves as candidates when nominations are open.
The two individuals appointed will join these members of the Board of Trustees:
|Tanya Capuano||Appointed||Wikimania 2021||Appointed on 19 July 2018|
|Dr. Dariusz Jemielniak (User:Pundit)||Community||Wikimania 2020||Appointed on August 10, 2017|
|Esra'a Al Shafei||Appointed||Wikimania 2020||Appointed on November 18, 2017|
|Dr. James Heilman (User:Doc James)||Community||Wikimania 2020||Appointed on August 10, 2017|
|Jimmy Wales (User:Jimbo Wales)||Founder||Chair Emeritus||31a de decembro 2018||Reappointed on November 7, 2015|
|Lisa Lewin||Appointed||Wikimania 2021||Appointed on 30 January 2019|
|María Sefidari (User:Raystorm)||Community||Chair||Wikimania 2020||Appointed on August 10, 2017|
|Raju Narisetti||Appointed||Wikimania 2020||Appointed on October 5, 2017|
The results were posted 12 June 2019 at Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Results. On 16 August 2019, the Board of Trustees has announced Shani Evenstein Sigalov as its newest member, and Nataliia Tymkiv appointed for her second term.
- Board of Trustees/Restructure Announcement Q&A, April 2008