During the last years, several initiatives were tried to produce aerial pictures. The goal of this page is to centralize all of them in order to give a clear and honest picture of all the constraints, costs and positive aspects of each solution.
|Wikimedia CH||Kite aerial photography||Kite equipped with a camera → aim to produce pictures of landmarks or cities from the sky||700€||Pleclown||Examples|
|Wikimedia Deutschland||Airplane flights||Photographer taking pictures from an Aircraft. (On German Wikipedia)||Raboe001||Examples|
|Wikimedia France||Unmanned Aerial Vehicle||Quad-rotor UAV with a camera flying at low altitude (below 150m above ground level)||1,000 → 3,000€ ||photo[AT]lists.wikimedia.fr||ToucanWings|
|Wikimedia Israel||Airplane flights||he:וק:ויקיאוויר − Presentation − Examples|
|Wikimedia Sverige||Helicopter flights||Taking photos from a commercial helicopter sightseeing tour.||150 → 900€||Jan Ainali (WMSE)||Examples|
|Wikimedia Eesti||Unmanned Aerial Vehicle||Taking images with an UAV. Mostly in Hiiumaa island, but also from various ports and few other locations.||300 €||Ivo Kruusamägi||All images|
- Price of UAV depends on weight of the payload, especially the type of camera (GoPro or DSLR)
- Price of the helicopter tour depends on length on tour and number of photgraphers at the same time.
- Grants:Learning patterns/Using drones for aerial photography for Commons and Wikipedia
- Iniative with Czech Republic Ambassador Programm
- User Zdeněk Fiedler is providing aerial images of villages in the Czech republic