Admin activity review/Local inactivity policies
Compiled list of wikis with admin review processes edit
Admins and other rights holders on these wikis are not affected by the global policy. This list may be incomplete.
This list was originally compiled at Talk:Requests for comment/Activity levels of advanced administrative rights holders as part of the RFC process. If your community has developed or revoked a review process, please add them here and consider adding a link to your local community process and a permalink to the decision in the edit summary. Please also leave a note on Stewards' noticeboard pointing to your change on this page.
Special provision rights edit
- Stewards — yearly confirmation, special 12 month activity requirement
- Checkusers — 12 month activity requirement
- Oversighters — 12 month activity requirement
- Global renamers — 12 month activity requirement
- Global sysops — 6 month logged GS action requirement
- Global rollbackers — 24 month activity requirement
- Global bots — 1 year of no edits on global bot wikis, after notification of operator on homewiki and Meta
Multilingual projects edit
- Commons — De-adminship: made fewer than 5 admin actions in the past 6 months, but a postpone for max. 12 months is allowed
- Incubator — incubator:I:A#Administrators: removal after 12 months of nearly no logs/edits
- Meta — Meta:Administrators/Removal (inactivity)
- Multilingual Wikisource — Inactive administrators (more than 12 months with no edits or log actions) are logged, but not always de-sysoped, each entries should be discussed carefully before possible removals
- Outreach Wiki — outreach:Wikimedia:Inactivity policy: de-sysoped if no edits or administrative actions for at least 12 months
- Wikidata — d:WD:A#Losing adminship: Less than 5 actions in the last 6 months (includes property creator actions - search for page creations in the Property: namespace)
- Wikispecies — species:Wikispecies:Administrators/Admin Review: made fewer than 5 edits and 5 admin actions in the past 12 months, but a postpone for max. 12 months is allowed
- cs.wikibooks policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wikibooks — Expectations (permissions for administrators, bureaucrats, and checkusers may be removed when minimum activity expectations are not met, one month after notifying the person and the community. Inactive bots may have permissions removed at bureaucrats discretion)
- fr.wikibooks — Inactivity policy of one year
- ja.wikibooks — annual reconfirmations (policy)
- nl.wikibooks — Inactief, policy: removal procedure starts after 12 months of inactivity
- sv.wikibooks — Inactivity policy, one year.
- vi.wikibooks has a recall process for inactive administrators. However, only one user has ever been given permanent rights; the rest are given temporary rights by Meta stewards.
- cs.wikinews policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wikinews (has ArbCom) n:en:Wikinews:Permission expiry policy (admins are downgraded to normal users if no edits for 2 years, bureaucrats are downgraded to admins if no edits for 2 years, or both permissions may downgraded or removed if no use of permissions for 2 years)
- fa.wikinews policy: removal after 6 months inactive + 7 days warning
- fr.wikinews policy: a warning is issued if not logged actions in 12 months, removal after 3 months of inactivity after the warning.
- it.wikinews policy: annual vote for confirmation plus removal after six months of inactivity, but it's quite unapplied
- ja.wikinews checks by another discussion. We do the will your administrator of inactivity about more than a year. Or, administrator of inactivity for more than two years will apply for removal of administrator flag. Please look at checklist.
- ru.wikinews policy: a warning is issued if no logged actions in 6 months, removal after 3 months of inactivity after the warning
- sv.wikinews policy: adminstrators and bureaucrats who have not performed an action (logged? edit?) within the last 6 months can be removed, after a 1 month warning
- zh.wikinews Inactivity policy: Administrators can be desysoped if they have no edits in the last 6 months, and after notification, still don't edit within one week
- Wikipedias with Arbitration Committees: cs, de, en, fa, fi, fr, hu, nl, pl, ru, uk
- als.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- ar.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity (but the admin must be informed before removal).
- bar.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- bn.wikipedia policy: fewer than 50 administrative actions & fewer than 70 edit for a period of one year.
- bs.wikipedia policy
- ca.wikipedia 1 year of inactivity.
- cs.wikipedia policy: removal after half year without logged action requiring sysop rights
- cy.wikipedia policy
- da.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity and 30 days after notification
- de.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity and 90 days after notification. In addition, there is a re-election process: If 25 editors within one month, or 50 within six months, sign that they feel an admin should stand for re-election, the admin has the choice of either standing for re-election or standing down.
- en.wikipedia en:Wikipedia:Inactive administrators administrators that have neither edits nor log actions for at least one year, or have made fewer than 100 edits in the last 5 years may be subject to Procedural removal process.
- Bureaucrats: same as the Inactive administrators rule above, plus if a bureaucrat does not participate in bureaucrat activity for over three years, their rights may also be removed.
- For Checkusers and Oversighters, there is a minimum activity expectation that is reviewed quarterly. The main reason for removal of Checkuser or Oversight permission is inactivity.
- eo.wikipedia 1 year since last contribution (not necessarily administrative), must first be announced on the village pump and the administrator's talk page. eo:Vikipedio:Administrantoj#Maladministrantigo. There is also recall process, which can be initiated by any user, and consists of a vote where eligible users (40+ edits, 3+ months old account, has a userpage) can vote and the admin is removed if more than 50% vote for removal.
- es.wikipedia fewer than fifty administrative actions for a period of two years (policy link).
- fa.wikipedia 1 year of inactivity
- fi.wikipedia 1 year of inactivity.
- fr.wikipedia policy: suspended status after six months of inactivity, removal after one more year.
- frr.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity upon discussion and de-sysop voting (no automatic de-sysoping)
- hi.wikipedia विकिपीडिया:प्रबंधक नियम व दायित्व:प्रबंधक को हटाना::प्रबन्धक/प्रशासक पद से निवृति/
- hu.wikipedia policy
- id.wikipedia inactivity policy removal after 1 year of inactivity (with notice and voting).
- is.wikipedia admin/crat removal after 1 year of inactivity (measured as no edits and no logged action) (the admin/crat must be informed before removal).
- it.wikipedia annual reconfirmations, removal after six months with no admin actions performed
- ja.wikipedia 3-month inactivity with no local edits and no sysop actions. (policy)
- ka.wikipedia policy: If an administrator within 6 months doesn't make 500 edits and 50 sysop actions, a warning is given. If the admin doesn't have at least 500 edits and 50 sysop actions within 3 months after the warning, a vote will be taken to remove the admin status. Total 9 months.
- ko.wikipedia Inactivity criteria: 2 years (1 year for Interface admin) with NO admin action and less than 25 contributions are removed after biannual confirmation for those who fail to meet the criteria.
- ksh.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- la.wikipedia no contributions and no log entries for a period of six months
- lez.wikipedia WP:Administrators — Activity of administrators
- The administrator must make at least 150 edits over the last year
- He must take at least one administrative action over the last year
- li.wikipedia Admins are for life and can only be removed by community consensus in the case of abuse (discussion: admin activity review).
- min.wikipedia local policy; there are no inactivity clause for admins, can only be removed by resignation or abuse of power.
- mk.wikipedia policy
- ml.wikipedia at least 1 edit in the last 6 months AND 50 edits in the last year in Malayalam Wikipedia.
- mr.wikipedia removal after 1 years of inactivity; subject to the condition that minimum one Marathi language sysop has to remain there at mr-wikiprojects for ever, in such cases inactive sysop/bureaucrat can be removed only after either an old one comes back or a new one joins in; and that the project independance can not be compromised on this count. Minimum activity is defined as minimum one edit or one admin action.(ammendment from 6 to 1 year can be found here)
- ms.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity (notice must be given before removal).
- Sysops: automatic removal if less than 250 edits are made in the past 12 months.
- Checkusers: Chosen by the arbitration committee for infinitive time. The arbitration committee can also decide to revoke the checkuser rights.
- Oversight: nl-wiki does not have own oversight users.
- Bureaucrats: Bureaucrats rights are revoked when the bureaucrats' sysop rights are revoked.
- no.wikipedia All admins/crats are re-elected or desysoped every 24 months.
- pl.wikipedia sysops only: removal after 1 year of inactivity, with two weeks' notice; at least one nonreverted edit in main AND one log action within last 365 days, if either fails they are inactive.
- pms.wikipedia policy: rights — for inactivity or other reasons — are removed upon request of some member of the community
- ps.wikipedia ps:Wikipedia: removal after 1 year of inactivity, without any notice
- pt.wikipedia policy: removal if less than 15 admin actions during last 6 months, with notice after removal
- ro.wikipedia Sysops and bureaucrats are revoked if inactive for over a year.
- ru.wikipedia Sysop access may be revoked if less than 100 edits and 25 sysop actions are made during last 6 months
- sh.wikipedia after the vote
- simple.wikipedia policy: removal at end of calendar year if <100 administrative actions or edits
- sk.wikipedia sk:Wikipédia:Pravidlá/Pravidlo o správcoch#Nezáujem o výkon funkcie, 4 months without user edit or admin action
- sl.wikipedia adopted its own inactivity policy: same rules as the global one
- sv.wikipedia has a formal process maintained every three months for admins/crats/CU/OS, which is a part of the re-election-process for all users once a year.
- sw.wikipedia has a formal process by vote after an application to vote was filed / 1 year of inactivity.
- sr.wikipedia If an administrator within one year doesn't make any logged action for which he or she needs sysop tools, sysop rights will be removed automatically.
- tr.wikipedia Policy: Desysop after 1 year below 100 edits and 50 admin actions.
- uk.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year with no admin logs and no edits with admin rights, then with one month notification.
- vi.wikipedia desysop automatically after 1 year with no logs and no edits and one month notification.
- wuu.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity.
- zh.wikipedia Inactivity policy: Adminships may removed if no logged edits (both in contributions and logs) for 6 months, and after notifications, still don't edit for 30 days (except User and User talk namespaces)
- cs.wikiquote policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- de.wikiquote policy: removal after one year of inactivity and no response within 2 weeks after notification
- fi.wikiquote policy: sysop status will be removed after one year of total inactivity (i.e. no edits or log actions in the last 12 months).
- it.wikiquote policy: sysop status will be removed after two years of total inactivity (i.e. no edits or log actions in the last 24 months).
- sk.wikiquote policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- bn.wikisource policy : removal after 1 year, if not active, minimum 100 editcount/year.
- cs.wikisource policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wikisource annual confirmation process s:Wikisource:Restricted access policy
- fi.wikisource policy: removal after 2 years of no administrative actions (in the log)
- he.wikisource: Sysops or Bureaucrats are removed of privileges after 6 months of inactivity or 12 months having less than 15 edits of content pages (not including talk pages). 
- it.wikisource policy: removal after 1 year without any logged edit.
- nl.wikisource policy: every sysop loses his rights after having less than 20 edits over a period of 12 months.
- pl.wikisource removal after 12 months of inactivity s:pl:Wikiźródła:Odbieranie uprawnień
- sr.wikisource policy: 13 months
- sv.wikisource inactivity policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity on every Wikimedia projects.
- zh.wikisource Inactivity guideline: Administrators are desysoped if they have no edits in the past 6 months (except User and User talk namespaces), and after notification, still don't edit within one month
- de.wikiversity loss of rights after one year with under 10 edits. Inactivity rules
- ja.wikiversity annual reconfirmations (policy)
- en.wikivoyage has automatic removal by bureaucrats after 2 years. voy:Wikivoyage:Administrators
- es.wikivoyage has inactivity removal policy for administrators and bureaucrats who are inactive for 6 months. Inactivity is less than 20 edits or logged actions in this period (policy link).
- sv.wikivoyage policy
- zh.wikivoyage Inactivity policy: Administrators are desysoped if they have no edits in the past 6 months (except User and User talk namespaces), and after notification, still don't edit within one month
- cs.wiktionary policy: removal after 12 months without edit or logged action
- en.wiktionary policy: removal after 5 years with no use of tools provided there are more than 20 admins before the removal (vote)
- fr.wiktionary policy: admin automatic removal after 2 years without any activity (policy), likely applies to bureaucrats too 
- ja.wiktionary Administrators are re-elected or de-sysop'ed annually (policy). Automatic removal may take place after 3-month inactivity with no local edits, though it is rarely enforced (policy).
- li.wiktionary can only be removed by vote (policy)
- nl.wiktionary policy: Admins removed after 12 months with less than 50 edits or after a vote; each bureaucrat has to be an admin too
- pl.wiktionary policy: removal after RFC 
- pt.wiktionary inactive administrators lose their rights after 2 years with less than 50 edits. The user can request their tools back without the need of a new vote, at bureaucrat's discretion, if they wish to return to activity (policy).
- simple.wiktionary policy: desysop nomination after 1 year with no edits/logged actions