This global group is enabled on every Wikimedia wiki that shares access via CentralAuth and SUL (including locked (closed) wikis and excluding private and fishbowl wikis). Abuse filter maintainers must not make any controversial changes to filters on any project. Essentially, unless explicitly requested or endorsed by the community, abuse filter maintainers should not change the functionality of filters. Instead they should use their rights solely for maintenance such as preventing a filter from breaking due to upcoming changes to the AbuseFilter extension itself. Notes should be left in the filter description explaining why the change was needed, and listing the relevant Phabricator tasks if applicable.
Abuse filter maintainers should avoid making routine changes to the filters on larger projects without prior notification and agreement. Projects with established communities and processes for maintaining abuse filters can request to be avoided (i.e. "opt out"), in which case they should provide abuse filter maintainers with appropriate guidelines about how to notify them of the necessary changes so that they can be applied by the local community. Examples may include a link to the "village pump" page, a mailing list, or requesting the abuse filter maintainer to contact a local sysop through in-wiki email.
- View the abuse log (
- View detailed abuse log entries (
- View log entries of abuse filters marked as private (
- Create or modify abuse filters (
- Create or modify global abuse filters (
- Modify abuse filters with restricted actions (
- View abuse filters (
- View abuse filters marked as private (
- Enable two-factor authentication (
Requests for abuse filter maintainer rights should be placed on Steward requests/Global permissions. The request will be approved by a steward if there is a consensus for the user to become an abuse filter maintainer after a period of discussion of no less than one week. The discussion is not a vote; comments must present specific points in favor of or against the user's approval.
- Has contributed to the AbuseFilter code and participates in the relevant discussions on Phabricator
任命默认是非永久的，最多持续一年，并会被加入到Steward requests/Permissions/Approved temporary。可在Steward requests/Global permissions#Requests for other global permissions上添加新请求以继续保留权限。
Continued access to abuse filters is dependent on activity and community trust.
- Misuse or abuse: If this permission is used for any actions which are controversial, such as major additions or removals to a project's abuse filter, or continued disruption due to errors, access will be revoked by a steward. Requests can be made to any steward by placing a request on Steward requests/Permissions#Removal of access or, in emergencies, the #wikimedia-stewards IRC channel.
- Inactivity: If an abuse filter maintainer has made no global edits for six months, the permission may be revoked by a steward.