Strategy/Wikimedia Foundation/2016/Community consultation/Communities
|This phase of the consultation is closed. For information about the outcome, please watch the consultation main page, where a pointer to the next step in this process will be posted on or around February 26. While you are welcome to continue to use the discussion pages of this phase, please know that future submissions to this phase may not be reviewed by staff. We look forward to talking to you more about the themes that have emerged in the near future!|
One of the broad topic areas on which the Wikimedia Foundation will focus in our upcoming annual plan is communities.
Wikimedia's passionate, engaged communities are our biggest strength. Only healthy, diverse, engaged communities can create content that sustainably reflects the knowledge of the entire world.
When ready to answer questions, please click the button on the bottom of the page.
A critical question concerning communities
If we don't create a healthier environment, we run the risk that the Wikimedia movement will not be sustainable beyond this generation of editors.
- What do you think is the best way for the Wikimedia Foundation to help improve the health, growth and diversity of our communities to help them be more welcoming and open so that the movement is sustainable?
Potential strategic approaches to support communities
- Below are several approaches the Wikimedia Foundation might take towards communities. Please read through these six options and let us know by approach "number" up to two or three of the six approaches you would most support. We also invite you to share your idea!
- Reduce harassment issues and the gender gap to facilitate a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment for contributors and editors.
- Create and support programs to increase volunteer participation such as recognition, facilitated mentorship, and personalized re-engagement.
- Increase communication and transparency with and between our communities and across Wikimedia affiliates.
- Align efforts between our affiliate organizations and the Wikimedia Foundation to increase local language and community coverage on key initiatives.
- Improve automation tools to reduce manual work for managing content and projects.
- Simplify policies and processes for building communities and wikis.
Suggest an approach
- Do you have another idea we should prioritize to help us support communities? Let us know!
|Thank you for contributing your thoughts to this consultation!|